• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

Nova #1 CGC 9.6 @ $150 & 4 bids.

Finding a high grade raw issue of this comic is not an easy thing. I have many raw issues of this comic.

8511002527_8753b12e9a_b_d.jpg

(thumbs u

So is this Groot from the GotG the same as the one in the SA TTA or is it a prototype?

I wondered myself. (shrug)

If you consider the pre-Marvels "not Marvel Age" (I don’t), then all monsters are "prototypes", even Fing Fang Foom.

So Groot was intended to be him, so was Gamora, and Starhawk – and Rocket Raccoon for what matters… But now I am curious to read some material of this series.

According to Wiki.......

Groot first appeared in Tales to Astonish vol. 1 #13 (November 1960), and was created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Ayers. He appeared again, 16 years later, in The Incredible Hulk Annual #5 (November 1976), alongside five of the other monsters from the early Tales to Astonish issues. 21 years later, in Sensational Spider-Man #-1 (July 1997), Groot was featured in a nightmare that the young Peter Parker had.

Groot reappeared in 2006 in the 6 issue limited series Nick Fury's Howling Commandos, and appeared in the Annihilation: Conquest and Annihilation: Conquest - Star-Lord limited series. Groot went on to join the Guardians of the Galaxy in the series of the same name, and remained a fixture of the title until its cancellation with issue #25 in 2010. He appeared in its follow-up, the limited series The Thanos Imperative, and, alongside fellow Guardian Rocket Raccoon, Groot starred in backup features in Annihilators #1-4 (Mar-Jun 2011) and Annihilators: Earthfall #1-4 (Sept-Dec 2011).

Groot appeared in issues #6-8 of Avengers Assemble as a member of the Guardians. He will star in Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3, a part of the Marvel NOW! relaunch.[2]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Groot

Seems like a stretch, 30 years between Hulk Annual #5 and Fury's howling commandos, and it sounds like two different characters but we are talking funny books here.

Seems like a stretch, 30 years between Hulk Annual #5 and Fury's howling commandos, and it sounds like two different characters but we are talking funny books here.

It is clear that they meant to use Groot, or they would have him named otherwise.

The fact that Marvel comics are a mess today unfortunately has little to do with time lapses and "funny books"… :(

According to Wiki.......

Groot first appeared in Tales to Astonish vol. 1 #13 (November 1960), and was created by Stan Lee, Jack Kirby, and Ayers. He appeared again, 16 years later, in The Incredible Hulk Annual #5 (November 1976), alongside five of the other monsters from the early Tales to Astonish issues. 21 years later, in Sensational Spider-Man #-1 (July 1997), Groot was featured in a nightmare that the young Peter Parker had.

Groot reappeared in 2006 in the 6 issue limited series Nick Fury's Howling Commandos, and appeared in the Annihilation: Conquest and Annihilation: Conquest - Star-Lord limited series. Groot went on to join the Guardians of the Galaxy in the series of the same name, and remained a fixture of the title until its cancellation with issue #25 in 2010. He appeared in its follow-up, the limited series The Thanos Imperative, and, alongside fellow Guardian Rocket Raccoon, Groot starred in backup features in Annihilators #1-4 (Mar-Jun 2011) and Annihilators: Earthfall #1-4 (Sept-Dec 2011).

Groot appeared in issues #6-8 of Avengers Assemble as a member of the Guardians. He will star in Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 3, a part of the Marvel NOW! relaunch.[2]

The *spoon* ayers makes me laugh...good call CGC mods...

According to Wiki.......

The *spoon* ayers makes me laugh...good call CGC mods...

This was overt sarcasm (thumbs u

Just saying...

You can see the original words by quoting the sentence.

And that's what makes it a ridiculous filter folks. Kids that are smart enough to get on the internet are smart enough to find out what the actual word is. Censorship that's pointless FTR. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.....

You can see the original words by quoting the sentence.

And that's what makes it a ridiculous filter folks. Kids that are smart enough to get on the internet are smart enough to find out what the actual word is. Censorship that's pointless FTR. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt whips and chains excite me.....

fixed.