• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,724 posts in this topic

Captain Marvel #26 in VF/NM condition @ $47 & 5 bids. Madness! :ohnoez:

I might need to find some of mine!

This book has been hot for a while...first thanos cover, starlin, etc, etc, :blahblah:

What's "for a while" mean? Back in 2007 I was buying up Captain Marvel's #25-33 for $10 to $15 in NM conditions all day long. I actually.. get this.. had a chance to be choosy on which books I was going to keep and which ones I was going to resale I found so many of them at decent affordable prices.

So maybe you mean the last three years? hm

No, since the Avengers movie first previewed.

And around the same time people were like "Hey, let's buy Iron Man 55, first Thanos! You guys know when the first cover appearance is?", etc, etc, :blahblah:

IM 55 is one of my favorite comics, I was buying them at reasonable prices. Then Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet hit and the price rose, so the most I paid for an issue then was $100. Which I thought was crazy. I have a few of the Capt Marvel's 25-33. Matter of fact I bought 2 more CM 33's at C2E2.

Same as vader, Not to be in the in-crowd before the in-crowd was cool but I actively sought out an IM #55 CGC 9.4 and passed on it because the forum members thought page quality on the IM #55 CGC 9.2 was far superior. And they were right! :banana: So I bought that IM #55 CGC 9.2 for $195 and chased after all the CM #25-34 for set reasons. (thumbs u

Ah to be cool before the cool kids. :cloud9:

Edited by whetteon

This book has been hot for a while...first thanos cover, starlin, etc, etc, :blahblah:

What's "for a while" mean? Back in 2007 I was buying up Captain Marvel's #25-33 for $10 to $15 in NM conditions all day long. I actually.. get this.. had a chance to be choosy on which books I was going to keep and which ones I was going to resale I found so many of them at decent affordable prices.

And around the same time people were like "Hey, let's buy Iron Man 55, first Thanos! You guys know when the first cover appearance is?", etc, etc, :blahblah:

IM 55 is one of my favorite comics, I was buying them at reasonable prices. Then Thanos Quest and Infinity Gauntlet hit and the price rose, so the most I paid for an issue then was $100. Which I thought was crazy. I have a few of the Capt Marvel's 25-33. Matter of fact I bought 2 more CM 33's at C2E2.

Same as vader, Not to be in the in-crowd before the in-crowd was cool but I actively sought out an IM #55 CGC 9.4 and passed on it because the forum members thought page quality on the IM #55 CGC 9.2 was far superior. And they were right! :banana: So I bought that IM #55 CGC 9.2 for $195 and chased after all the CM #25-34 for set reasons. (thumbs u

I seem to remember you talking about this over at Lyria.... hm In fact it was over at your site WHett that I first learned about the Thanos rumors and the importance of jumping on the IM55 bandwagon early! :gossip: Best advice I ever got! (thumbs u Picked up my fine for like 45 bucks..... :headbang:

I seem to remember you talking about this over at Lyria.... hm In fact it was over at your site WHett that I first learned about the Thanos rumors and the importance of jumping on the IM55 bandwagon early! :gossip: Best advice I ever got! (thumbs u Picked up my fine for like 45 bucks..... :headbang:

The best? hm:sorry:

This sale was interesting:

Superman #233 CGC 9.0 - $177+ & 21 bids.

I was thinking this book would be hot for years but it never happened. Than suddenly this auction makes me go hm

final value seems in line with what the books been selling for over the last year.

Someone bit on a $245 BIN on a 9.2 last month, so that gave the 9.0s a little room to grow, otherwise the 9.2 price and the 9.0 prices have been neck and neck.

I was thinking this book would be hot for years but it never happened. Than suddenly this auction makes me go hm

hm is right, I always wondered about that issue myself. Maybe some of those DC keys from that era are starting to get some notice?

Um, what're "those" DC keys? :baiting:

hm is right, I always wondered about that issue myself. Maybe some of those DC keys from that era are starting to get some notice?

Um, what're "those" DC keys? :baiting:

lol no, I wasn't being disparaging to DC, I meant some over due appreciation DC keys... Look how long JO 134 was stagnant...

I think this is, strictly speaking, a Silver Age comic (late '69), but it has some hallmarks of a Bronze Age comic so...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/140977859153?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I think this book is going to get blazing hot in the lead up to the next Cap movie.

Not a bad book. I looked for years for a suitable and reasonably price book but to no avail. Either people wanted way to much or the grade was to low for my taste.