• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

You can see the original words by quoting the sentence.

And that's what makes it a ridiculous filter folks. Kids that are smart enough to get on the internet are smart enough to find out what the actual word is. Censorship that's pointless FTR. Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt whips and chains excite me.....

fixed.

:thumbsup:

The *spoon* ayers makes me laugh...good call CGC mods...

Actually, the word removal is automated. You can see the original words by quoting the sentence.

I know, of course, but it is still funny to censor something like that. I feel like I'm over-explaining. Didn't the mods at some point decide what should be *spoon*ed and not? And also, spoon? Really?

Amazing Spider-Man #194 CGC 9.2 @ $100 & 13 bids! :o

Daredevil #168 CGC 9.6 @ $255 & 19 bids.

Invaders #1 CGC 9.6 @ $104+ 14 bids. Great book!

Swamp Thing #9 CGC 9.8 @ $249 & 1 bid. This might just be because it's a 9.8 however.

X-Men #142 CGC 9.8 @ $220 & 1 bid.

Flintstones #1 CGC 9.8 @ $202+ & 31 bids. YABADABADOOO!!!

Amazing Spider-Man #194 CGC 9.2 @ $100 & 13 bids! :o

Daredevil #168 CGC 9.6 @ $255 & 19 bids.

Invaders #1 CGC 9.6 @ $104+ 14 bids. Great book!

Swamp Thing #9 CGC 9.8 @ $249 & 1 bid. This might just be because it's a 9.8 however.

X-Men #142 CGC 9.8 @ $220 & 1 bid.

Flintstones #1 CGC 9.8 @ $202+ & 31 bids. YABADABADOOO!!!

Someone is overpaying for that Swamp Thing #9. The GPA high so far this year is $200 and the GPA high for the year before was a copy I sold for $192...and those were both white pagers...weird

thanks...I had it tuck away with all my hulk annuals for years until I stumbled across this thread.

I thought more than a time about buying one but as it always happens with Annuals I consantly forgot… Now there are these movie hypes that reminds you of such things at the worst possible time… lol

In general, I think that Ms. Marvel is an important character.

I did not think much about there when I landed here less than 2 years ago, as I was into golden age, but as I picked up silver age once again I realized that, besides the good stories Claremont wrote in the title, Carol Danvers continued to appear in X-Men, becoming Binary. Her tenure as an Avenger in the 1970s and 1980s also contributed to her popularity, and right now she has taken the mantle of "Captain Marvel", although I don’t appreciate what Marvel is doing, so she’s probably as much popular as Spider-Woman, maybe more, for similar reasons.

Now for some break – find me the issues I miss above issue #20, whetteon, or we’ll run once again in a loophole discussion of late copper vs. early bronze! :ohnoez:

Hush yo' mouth....more popular than Spider-woman?!?

lol

They're both kind of junky, though I like them both. Ms Marvel, when Claremont took over was a really good read IMHO.

lol

They're both kind of junky, though I like them both. Ms Marvel, when Claremont took over was a really good read IMHO.

(tsk)

Not Spider-Woman, at least up to the end of Gruenwald’s tenure…

And right on the Ms. Marvel.

lol

(tsk)

You're right, I didn't mean junky, I meant schlocky :grin:

I have to Agree , this was my favorite book to read and re-read. I only have 2-3 comic books from when I was a kid (35 years ago) and this is one of them. If the Guardians of the Galaxy movie takes off and the kids like a talking tree and a raccoon this book will be a steal at the prices its at today. Its impossible to get a TTA13 since they are extremely rare so you can buy Groots first bronze age app. Sort of like buying Avengers 4 which is cap's first Silver age app after all those years (And no I am not comparing Groot and Cap, just the thought process) I see on ebay folks paying more for Where Monsters Dwell 6 on Ebay but this is the Groot book to own and with a great story.

Yeah, gonna see if I can secure a copy of that Hulk Annual.

Great read.

IncredibleHulkAnnual5_623.jpg

Great issue!!

DG

lol

(tsk)

You're right, I didn't mean junky, I meant schlocky :grin:

At least you're using the thesaurus your parents got you for Christmas :taptaptap: