• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,732 posts in this topic

I had to check an online dictionary. Hey, is "schlocky" some kind of slang term? hm

Anyway, early Spider-Womens stories are not "schlocky" – some are less brilliant than others, some are plain weird (the Needle, Gipsy Moth), but some have lots of substance.

If you keep insisting, you’ll have to give me your spare Marvel Spotlight #32… lol

Superman's Pal, Jimmy Olsen #134 CGC 9.0 - $406 & 38 bids.

Werewolf by Night #32 CGC 8.0 - $234 & 17 bids.

Superman #233 CGC 9.8 - $3528 & 55 bids.

Werewolf by Night #32 CGC 8.0 - $234 & 17 bids.

Daredveil #168 CGC 9.6 - $255 & 19 bids.

Nuff said. hm

All the bidders involved have more than 33% bid history with the seller. This might indicate a shilled book which is sad because I was very hopeful that this was a new trend. :sorry:

Marvel premiere 15,3,47 have been hot lately and so had hero for hire 1....I'm thinking heroes for hire 50-54 will start getting hot as well.

Do you mean Power Man 50-54? Or is that Power Man and Iron Fist?

Surely he meant #56 as the first official team up of the two characters and the title change to the book right? hm

Power Man and Iron Fist #50 was the first titled team up

Yes it is and I think 54 is where they officially team up and are call heroes for hire

Edited by Mmanick

I had to check an online dictionary. Hey, is "schlocky" some kind of slang term? hm

Anyway, early Spider-Womens stories are not "schlocky" – some are less brilliant than others, some are plain weird (the Needle, Gipsy Moth), but some have lots of substance.

If you keep insisting, you’ll have to give me your spare Marvel Spotlight #32… lol

I like the schlocky stuff, I'm not using it in the pejorative sense. Spider Woman is what it is (shrug)

Yes it is and I think 54 is where they officially team up and are call heroes for hire

According to the GCD, it doesn't look like the indicia was changed to reflect the cover until #67, but wouldn't Power Man #48 be continued the real start of the team title?

According to the GCD, it doesn't look like the indicia was changed to reflect the cover until #67, but wouldn't Power Man #48 be continued the real start of the team title?

Luke Cage and Iron Fist first meet in issue 48 but they don't decide to become a team until issue 50. They didn't like each other when they first met mainly because of the altercation between Luke Cage and Misty Knight (Iron Fist's girlfriend).

Luke Cage and Iron Fist first meet in issue 48 but they don't decide to become a team until issue 50. They didn't like each other when they first met mainly because of the altercation between Luke Cage and Misty Knight (Iron Fist's girlfriend).

It's somewhat similar to the situation to TOS 58 and TTA 59, where Cap and The Hulk respectively do battle with Iron Man and Giant Man an issue before their runs officially start.

I like the schlocky stuff, I'm not using it in the pejorative sense. Spider Woman is what it is (shrug)

Early Spider-Woman is at a higher level… :cloud9:

I like it too, it was pretty good stuff for a C list character.