• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bronze age comics that are heating up on eBay...
39 39

11,726 posts in this topic

I guess I did buy a few nice copies of Avengers 181 through the years. Here's a scan I found from a book I bought from GAC in 2008. A really nice cut.

I'm generally Not that big a fan of Perez pre-NTT, but this cover, this one I :cloud9:

How about star wars 1? hm

That issue has been slowly gaining in price for the past few years. It is now a $225-250 book in CGC 9.6. Star Wars 42 has been the real surprise to me. That issue is over a $100 book in CGC 9.6.

I guess I did buy a few nice copies of Avengers 181 through the years. Here's a scan I found from a book I bought from GAC in 2008. A really nice cut.

144447.jpg

Nice looking copy! (thumbs u

Marvel Premiere #1 CGC 9.4 @ $92 & 44 watchers. Now you guys done it. All this talk about 1st app and people are silly enough to believe you.

The truth is never silly, and Marvel Premiere 1 is actually the First Appearance of Warlock. (shrug)

I'm just teasing you. I have no issues. :foryou:

I thought Fantastic Four #67 was first appearance of Warlock. According to CPG, MP#1 is origin.

Edited by MastrCntrlProgram

I thought Fantastic Four #67 was first appearance of Warlock. According to CPG, MP#1 is origin.

Nope, that was Him, a Speedo-wearing caveman that Marvel later revived and transformed into the superhero Warlock. Like The Cat to Tigra.

Marvel Premiere #1 CGC 9.4 @ $92 & 44 watchers. Now you guys done it. All this talk about 1st app and people are silly enough to believe you.

The truth is never silly, and Marvel Premiere 1 is actually the First Appearance of Warlock. (shrug)

I'm just teasing you. I have no issues. :foryou:

MP #1 was bound to attract increased interest IMO, since there has been so much discussion about Warlock lately, and it being an important issue in the evolution of the Warlock character.

Nope, that was Him, a Speedo-wearing caveman that Marvel later revived and transformed into the superhero Warlock. Like The Cat to Tigra.

Same character. just built upon no matter how you try to spin it. :baiting:

Same character. just built upon no matter how you try to spin it. :baiting:

+ 1,000,000

Same character. just built upon no matter how you try to spin it.

Yeah sorry I actually READ the comics, not look at plastic tombs. doh!

And Marvel.com agrees with me, stating MP 1 is the FIRST APPEARANCE OF WARLOCK - look it up.

Disagreeing with the company who publishes the books = Major Fail. :roflmao:

And Marvel.com agrees with me, stating MP 1 is the FIRST APPEARANCE OF WARLOCK - look it up.

I have a total of 8 slabs in my collection. I too actually read my books (thumbs u

I have a total of 8 slabs in my collection. I too actually read my books (thumbs u

Then you need to read them again. I have them all, and the Speedo-wearing caveman has absolutely nothing to do with the Soul Gem-wearing, red costume, new powers, Warlock of MP 1-on.

As someone else aptly stated, it's like the transformation of The Cat to Tigra - same person, but two different characters, powers, costumes and names.

Here is a page that might be of interest.

I don't know why you wasted time posting that, as no one is disputing that Him transformed into the new Warlock, gained new powers, a new world, new personality, new costume and a new Soul Gem, effectively becoming a superhero for the first time.

Just as we don't dispute that The Cat and Tigra both used to be Greer Nelson,yet they are two different characters with two separate and noted first appearances.

From Marvel.com:

First Appearance:

(As Him) Fantastic Four #66 (1967)

(as Warlock) Marvel Premiere #1 (1972)

Marvel Wiki:

First appearance

(as Him) Fantastic Four #66-67 (Sept.–Oct. 1967)

(as Adam Warlock) Marvel Premiere #1 (April 1972)

Created by:

(Him)

Stan Lee

Jack Kirby

(Adam Warlock)

Roy Thomas

Gil Kane

144824.jpg.63988263e7444bf28abcfe4ce68159e7.jpg

Oh man, sometimes it doesn't pay to check old auction wins. doh!

I remember finding a nice seller on eBay who was offering up newsstand-fresh comics and after buying a few ASM runs, I locked in on his auctions. I bought quite a few Avengers books, including 162-171 (for 164-166 - beautiful copies), but skipped the 170's for 182-191. lollol

144825.jpg.9ed83cf13253c964f702acc18de06621.jpg

This happens all the time with comic book characters when different creative teams take over. Doesn't make it a different character. As you said before in Comics general

Isn't the book to stockpile Marvel Comics #1? Because that's the first appearance of Professor Horton's Human Torch, which is later duplicated into the android body that Ultron uses to create the Vision.

Didn't the brainless Modern hacks at Marvel retcon that?

and above

Disagreeing with the company who publishes the books = Major Fail.

I guess this only applies when it suits your agenda/ point of view

I see I have an angry SA troll following me around - time to go outside and get some air.

Like it or not, as more people actually start to understand what is INSIDE the books, Marvel Premiere 1 will continue to gather more heat and I can almost guarantee an official "First Appearance of Warlock" notation at some point in the future.

People aren't stupid and there is virtually no correlation between a Speedo-wearing caveman and the superhero Warlock, other than they both came from the same cocoon.

I see I have an angry SA troll following me around - time to go outside and get some air.

lol no. I just read the forums and remember stuff. I actually enjoy your posts and your point of view. I agree with you most of the time. Its fun to debate topics. No need to resort to name calling.

no. I just read the forums and remember stuff. I actually enjoy your posts and your point of view. I agree with you most of the time. Its fun to debate topics. No need to resort to name calling.

Then please don't go back and try and put words in my mouth - if you remember my comments, then you know my hatred for Modern hacks has nothing to do with Marvel or its history.

It's kind of like giving comics to your younger sibling and he rips them all to shreds - Marvel Modern hacks.