• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STAR WARS heading back to marvel.

32 posts in this topic

Terrible news, Dark Horse work with the Star Wars franchise was/is great!

As for the op question, I'm guessing Dark Horse can survive without the Star Wars books, They have great names under their name such as the Hellboy and Hellboy related books, The Goon, Conan, Grendel, Criminal Macabre, Mass Effect (it's really good :o)... Not to mention all the Archives and collections they put out monthly.

Dark Horse is also doing a lot of merchandising now. I think the Star Wars loss will hit them, as it is one of the few titles they have breaking the top 100, but they'll move along with their other properties. I know DH has some SW stuff slated for next year and a new Star Wars regular series was advertised in Previews.

DH has done some great work with SW and hopefully Marvel will be smart enough to follow that lead. Please, please, please do not let there ever be a crossover event involving SW. :cry:

Considering Marvel stories nowaday how soon untill Luke Sleeps with Leia

Or how soon Luke sleeps with Han.

Not that there's anything wrong with that....

:baiting:

As long as they don't get R2 and C3PO to hook up, I'd tolerate just about anything.

Doesn't the new movie series mean everything DH did set after ROTJ is now non canon?

Is anything really 'canon' in Star Wars? The books are so different from the movies that they basically have no real connection. Then Lucas added a bunch of scenes to the original trilogy and made the prequels that have even less to do with the books.

If you think about it, Marvel has retained Joss Whedon following the success of the Avengers movie. Buffy and Star Wars were Dark Horse's biggest selling titles. Dark Horse has not been a huge competitor to Marvel, but they have supplied a stream of content that has been made into movies for other studios. This is a way to help eliminate the competition. Dark Horse has been around a long time and they haven't really spent much effort developing their own original properties. I think that was a big mistake.

DG

Too bad for Dark Horse, but it was bound to happen. I liked a lot of their work with Star Wars such as Star Wars Legacy. Great series.

I greatly enjoyed Legacy - one of the few SW titles that really had that SW feel to it. (thumbs u

Just wait until Disney buys Dark Horse. It is no secret that Mike Richardson digs da' Mouse.