• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the price - Batman #1

76 posts in this topic

Rob:

Thanks for the example of foxing. That's what I've always thought it was, so my notes are correct.

Can it be removed or is it permanent. I'm not aware of an amateur solution to remove it, I'm asking about professional level cleaning.

What effect does it have on the grade of a book?

--Gary

While I agree that it's extremely unsightly, I haven't seen cgc downgrade much for foxing on GA books... that I've noticed anyway... so I wonder if the WC copy could perhaps grade higher than 9.0 according to cgc. Anyone who follows GA a little more closely than I have any observations?

Also keep in mind that we haven't seen the back cover of the Bat #1 9.0 yet. I don't see defects on the front cover that would bring the book down to a 9.0, so some secrets may be revealed on the back cover.

Frankly, I have no idea what this book will sell for, but it's going to be a lot of fun to watch and see what happens.

As for comparing this book to the pay copy of Marvel #1, I'd much rather have the Bat #1. The pay copy has all that ugly writing on the cover, which I believe narrows the field of potential buyers. The Batman is much nicer! I'm speaking aesthetically. The Marvel #1 might be a better investment, but I'd rather own the Batman.

I don't disagree; however the point is does cgc downgrade for it? If so, how much? Keep in mind that to some people it's all about the label.

Maybe a more pertinant question: "Guess when they will be listing these books?"

Certainly seems to be taking a while.

Brian

"If Interested In Selling Your Vintage Books In ComicLink's Pending Auction, Contact Customer Service At 516-466-2770."

I think Josh might be using the publicity these books are getting to encourage others to consign books to him for the same auction. Nothing wrong with that, but it may explain the delay.

Well Comiclink has scooped everyone by annoucing they will have a 9.0 Batman #1 available soon.

Anyone want to guess the price on this baby?

This is certainly one of the best books that has been publicly available

since CGC started. I think it is much better than the Mile High More Fun #s 52 & 53, or Captain America #1, or even the Allentown Detective #38.

Just a great book

bat1.jpg

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess 285K. grin.gif