• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Think This ebay seller is dead wrong!

179 posts in this topic

:news:

If anyone wants to flips a GA, SA, BA desired key and feels they need to sell less

because there is scratches (or cracks for that matter) on the case that doesn't

affect the book please call me.

:wishluck:

How about if they are too big to fit in a comic box;) ?

If I look at the book in the dark, I don't see the scratch : :cloud9:,

I would think you are buying the case and the book. However if it was a cheaper book and I planned on keeping it in my PC I would likely just keep it, not worth the hassel. I would just ask the seller to refund $11 for the resub fee.

What about shipping? It'll probably be ~$35 all told...

Look at the fun I miss by going out looking at the Christmas lights last night!

Should the seller have disclosed the scratch? Sure. Was it visible in the scans? (gee linking to the ebay auction would answer this question wouldnt it!) Who knows. But based on the "buy the book not the holder" mindset of the seller, it isnt surprising that they didnt mention the condition of the case, since the case doesnt seem to be to important to him/her.

Did the seller do the right thing by offering full refund? Sounds like it. Remember there are plenty of ebay CGC sellers who state "no returns on graded book" (even though ebay still allows you to return them regardless of these seller's stated policy. So the fact that this guy will take the return with no hassle, no back and forth, no swinging ebay policies around like Mijnor, is a pretty civil outcome.

Did he need to take the "book not the holder" jab? No, but there are plenty of respectable ebay sellers out there who deal with non-paying bidders, back out bidders, bidder lies ("my kid bid on the book not me!") and ridiculous excuse returns when the buyer decides to not hold up his/her end of the auction bargain. So cut him a break on his minor quip.

If you do want to keep the book, I would ask for the full reholdering fee (including the shipping part) as an option to the return. The seller can decide if he'd rather get the book back for reselling, or just give you the partial refund.

Again, I'd love to see this doosey of a scratch that makes the book not worth owning. Is it a Wolverine level scratch? Freddy Kruger style?

Maybe the scratch can be buffed out. hm Call Midas

There are several automotive scratch removers and buffers to clean up old gauges in cars. They take a bit of work but some of them work pretty good. Probably cheaper though to just reholder the book.

I buy a cgc graded book and it has two long scratches (or defect lines in the plastic) on the front of the holder. I contact the seller and say I am sending it back because of this. He responds with "Your buying the book, not the holder" He does say send it back but thinks I am being unreasonable. I think that was a ridiculous thing to say that the holder itself should not matter.

Themoe - why haven't you provided a link or a number to this auction like you have in the past on other issues you have brought up?

It begs the question of whether the scratch was visible in the auction photos, or whether it might have been mentioned in the listing.

Much as I love to read eBay seller complaint threads 24/7/52, this one is incomplete.

I was offended at the your buying the book not the holder. I bet when a seller lists a defect like a huge scratch on a holder, it ends up going for less. And for all of you that decide what topics should be posted here and what are not worthy...EAT ME!!!!

lol

27997415.jpg

I was offended at the your buying the book not the holder. I bet when a seller lists a defect like a huge scratch on a holder, it ends up going for less. And for all of you that decide what topics should be posted here and what are not worthy...EAT ME!!!!

lol

27997415.jpg

11/23/12 and makin' friends. lol

lol

27997415.jpg

No kidding. The best part is that there is still no link to the auction. If someone just needs to be told they are right no matter what happened - they are probably better off calling their mom than trying to vent on a messageboard.

lol

27997415.jpg

No kidding. The best part is that there is still no link to the auction. If someone just needs to be told they are right no matter what happened - they are probably better off calling their mom than trying to vent on a messageboard.

Have you not seen the rest of his threads? He's a whiney kinda fellow.

lol

27997415.jpg

Have you not seen the rest of his threads? He's a whiney kinda fellow.

I haven't - but I'm gonna look today at lunch. I need some reading material!