• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I Think This ebay seller is dead wrong!

179 posts in this topic

YOU YOURSELF CAME ON HERE FOR LOOKING FOR SUPPORT FOR, and called people "A.S.S.E.S.(though Im not sure what that acronym you used is supposed to stand for).

A Small Scratch Equals 'Showtime'!

It was AF 15 cgc 9.8 unfortunately restored but it had Stan Lee's thumb print and a strand of his saliva that was also authenticated. Got all that for $300...but the 1/32 of the scratch bothered me and I panicked and came on here.

So just to be clear from your perspective:

The Seller "over reacted" by responding to your complaint by saying to return it for a refund, and then questioning your intent in a single sentence by stating "Buy the book not the case"

You did not over react even though you made the effort to come onto a message board looking for people to agree with you, then misrepresented the interaction (downplaying the fact that he was accepting the return), refused to show pictures of the scan, refused to link to the auction, and then encouraged others to "eat" you. You then took further offense to people poking at you because you continued to withhold information regarding the sale that YOU YOURSELF CAME ON HERE FOR LOOKING FOR SUPPORT FOR, and called people "A.S.S.E.S.(though Im not sure what that acronym you used is supposed to stand for).

Good summary.

This thread is meaningless without pics.

:sumo:

:tonofbricks:

asses.jpg

:acclaim:

"If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund. You can send it to CGC for $11 for a reholder. You are buying the book not the holder."

What a lame thing for the seller to say. He is refusing to take responsibility for the fact that he did not disclose the scratches on the slab. He's the one in the wrong. And yeah, people have legitimate reasons to want to know in advance whether the holder is in decent shape, rather than finding out after they've purchased and received the item.

This has become the standard way of thinking in this generation. It has become more wrong to point out something that is wrong than the wrong itself.

IThing.jpg

Um - you spelt spell checker wrongly - :facepalm:

Um, intentional. doh!

You spelt "spelled" wrong. :gossip:

spelt

noun

a wheat, Triticum aestivum spelta, native to southern Europe and western Asia, used chiefly for livestock feed.

Not intentional - I'm just thick. doh!

"If you are not satisfied, please return the book. Once I receive it I will credit you a refund. You can send it to CGC for $11 for a reholder. You are buying the book not the holder."

What a lame thing for the seller to say. He is refusing to take responsibility for the fact that he did not disclose the scratches on the slab. He's the one in the wrong. And yeah, people have legitimate reasons to want to know in advance whether the holder is in decent shape, rather than finding out after they've purchased and received the item.

This has become the standard way of thinking in this generation. It has become more wrong to point out something that is wrong than the wrong itself.

But we haven't determined whether it was visible in the photos or not. He won't allow us that bit of info.

How do you know the generation of the seller?

I think it depends on the book. I just received a 1700 dollar GA book in an old holder. It also had a huge scratch across the front, that was not visible in the first pic. I personally don't care, as it's more important for me to have this particular book and will most likely get it reholdered anyway.

If this was a modern book or silver age book of lesser value, and I had more options of which copy I wanted, I would probably be more annoyed by the scratch. So in some cases I do agree with buy the book and not the label, but in other cases I think they can be considered almost one and the same and would want my refund. But that's just me. (shrug)

Edit: but would most likely still not go to the trouble of requesting one...

I really don't care since most stuff I buy gets cracked out anyway. Unless it's a slab of poo that needs to be unloaded on someone else.