• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

St. Louis finally gets a Wizard comic con.

49 posts in this topic

It will suck.

Probably, but I'll have fun. :applause:

What someone says when a comic show really sucked:

"It was okay. At least I had fun!"

I'll go to WW Chicago later in the year to have some perspective.

It will suck.

It was okay. At least I had fun!

It will suck.

It was okay. At least I had fun!

I find that hard to believe.

Wait until they experience downtown St. Louis.

My wife and I were planning a trip there to see the plight of the city.

If you hear someone behind you yelling "hey, my brotha" don't slow your stride or give them any money else you will be swarmed by the piranha panhandlers.

Bring a gun

Ouch.

I would recommend keeping your doors locked and learning your way around ahead of time.

The weird thing about downtown St. Louis is you can make a wrong turn down by the convention center and be in North St. Louis City almost immediately and that's not a good place to be if you don't know your way around.

If you cross over the Poplar Street bridge and get off on the wrong exit you can be in East St. Louis almost immediately and that's not a good place to be if you don't know your way around.

Right at the corner of the Edward Jones Dome right around the corner is a convergence of one way streets, highway exits and entrances and thruways. Very confusing.

If there's any kind of downtown traffic it's a nightmare.

A gun? Don't know if THAT's necessary.

A clue? Very much needed.

And if you head just a little south or southwest of the convention center, you'll be in gentrified, affluent neighborhoods. So there's that. St. Louis is not really any more dangerous than towns of similar sizes.

And if you head just a little south or southwest of the convention center, you'll be in gentrified, affluent neighborhoods. So there's that. St. Louis is not really any more dangerous than towns of similar sizes.

Violent crime has gone down in St. Louis over the last few years, but at a much slower rate than the nation. St. Louis still regularly ranks statistically as one of the most dangerous places to live, though in recent years it's fallen behind Detroit and Flint, MI on the FBI's annual report.

Being in the top three makes it a little more dangerous than towns of similar size.

As far as overall crime (burglary and auto theft aren't considered violent), St. Louis far exceeds every city on the Crime List Index.

Never had an issue in St. Louis and live about 3 hours away to the East so I have been there plenty of times. Where I dont go is East St. Louis. The malls outside of St. Louis are fine coming from the East as well such as O'Fallon. Collinsville and Caseyville are about the last stops before you want to just keep going till you cross the bridge. As some have mentioned crime has come way down in the last 15 years, but it got a bad reputation in the 90s at least that area did.

I highly recommend seeing the Arch if you havent.

Violent crime has gone down in St. Louis over the last few years, but at a much slower rate than the nation. St. Louis still regularly ranks statistically as one of the most dangerous places to live, though in recent years it's fallen behind Detroit and Flint, MI on the FBI's annual report.

Being in the top three makes it a little more dangerous than towns of similar size.

As far as overall crime (burglary and auto theft aren't considered violent), St. Louis far exceeds every city on the Crime List Index.

It's worse than Baltimore? :eek: