• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

X-men #266 CGC 9.9

30 posts in this topic

...Perfect Wrap...

I wasn't going to mention it, but since you brought it up... grin.gif

There's "white and black" showing on the top of the spine,

there's "no white" in the middle of the spine...

and there's "less black" by the bottom of the spine.

That's a minor miswrap, for sure... and hardly noticable, but it's not "Perfect".

...Perfect Wrap...

I wasn't going to mention it, but since you brought it up... grin.gif

There's "white and black" showing on the top of the spine,

there's "no white" in the middle of the spine...

and there's "less black" by the bottom of the spine.

That's a minor miswrap, for sure... and hardly noticable, but it's not "Perfect".

I stand corrected. Thanks v-man flowerred.gif

Oh yeah, that staple is a real killer.. excuse me while I roll my eyes..

I didn't say it was a killer, only that I don't expect those kinds of highly-visible production defects on ultra high-grade 9.9/10.0 CGC copies. confused-smiley-013.gif

In my opinion this popped staple is a pretty severe production flaw for the 9.9 grade. Imagine how bad a structural flaw it would need to be to detract this much from the overall eye appeal of the book.

I am thinking a structural flaw with corresponding "eye appeal loss" would take this book down to a Modern 9.2 ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Well,...I got about 7 copies in 9.8 and none of them have a popped staple like that,...maybe I'll pull a few and resubmit them....get me a 9.9!!!......... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif