• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

#@&* ebay seller

108 posts in this topic

He owes you what you won. Case closed, He already admitted you won and he has the item. Keep the proof, a deal is a deal. Don't freak out, just remind him of ebays terms.

Likely it is not worth as much as you think, but it still may be a good deal, and you both need to follow through.

If he falters, make sure ebay knows the whole scoop. Also give him a deadline to reconsider, be polite. Explain why he needs to follow through, then say you will wait until Wednesday before you "take action". The "action" is up to you; contact ebay, or neg him, or sue him for breach of contract. Likely you don't want to bother suing him, but leaving it at "take action" let his mind fill in the blanks, and that may be your best card to play.

Good luck with your item.

Tonight I get an email from the seller saying there was obviously a "glitch" in the system and some people must not have been able to bid. After all, he said, there were 8 people watching the auction!

Only eight people watching the auction is a sign of a LACK of interest in the auction...

This reminds me of the guy who told my friend after he won an auction that, oh noes, all the comics were damaged in a basement flood. My friend requested to see photos of the flood-damaged basement, and also requested to receive the comics anyway (if damaged, so be it). The seller cried foul at having to take photos of his flooded basement, and also said he couldn't sell the damaged comics because he had already thrown them away. In other words, he was just a bald-faced liar who didn't want to sell his comics for the low winning-bid price.

It also reminds me of the seller who, after I won an auction lot for a low price, suddenly explained that he could send me all the comics but ONE of them, which his toddler had grabbed and torn up. It just so happened that that ONE comic was the most valuable one in the entire group -- and the main reason I was bidding on the auction. I did the same thing: I told him to send me the comic in its damaged state, and this seller did the same thing -- he said "sorry, too late, I already threw it away." Another bald-faced liar.

Sellers like this deserve to be thoroughly negged and reported.

Of course he has to honor the auction. He set the terms, you had the high bid fair and square. That's a binding contract.

End of.

Yes, I can tell him it's a binding contract all day, but if he's not going to honor it there's really nothing i can do.

I was on cloud 9 all day and then it all came crashing down when I got his email.

And this is the truth of the matter. Unless you are willing to file a lawsuit, there is nothing you can really do other than leave negative feedback. I had this happen on a comicbook a few years ago. eBay was no help.

And post up the seller here - save the rest of us a similiar encounter.

Sorry for your loss.

I am usually nervous about getting anything too cheap on ebay. If the seller does go through with the sale, then I worry that they will not ship it right. I am really hating ebay these days. Probably because in the past few months I have used it more than I have in two years.

Hope it works out for you.

You won. Make it clear to the winner. Other than officially being notified by EBay that THEY are cancelling the auction, he’s bound solely to it.

I would explain to the seller he is bound by EBay rules. That a contract has been made and regardless of technical difficulties, which would require EBay to admit and not on his word alone, this is an issue he needs to take up with EBay. Do not let it go. You can’t beat him over the head to have him sell it to you, but you can make life miserable for him one step at a time.

Give him a day or two to digest your letter. File a complaint with EBay. Do not agree to cancel the auction and have him get his seller fee refunded. Neg him with feedback.

How far do you want to take this? That's the question.

You won. Make it clear to the winner. Other than officially being notified by EBay that THEY are cancelling the auction, he’s bound solely to it.

I would explain to the seller he is bound by EBay rules. That a contract has been made and regardless of technical difficulties, which would require EBay to admit and not on his word alone, this is an issue he needs to take up with EBay. Do not let it go. You can’t beat him over the head to have him sell it to you, but you can make life miserable for him one step at a time.

Give him a day or two to digest your letter. File a complaint with EBay. Do not agree to cancel the auction and have him get his seller fee refunded. Neg him with feedback.

I wouldn't even acknowledge the "technical difficulties" tomfoolery.

True. You'll give him a direction to carry the conversation and and a chance to point to a third party. For all you know someone missed bidding and offered him a few hundred more. You don't know and like Speedy said, it's really not an issue.

We don't know what piece it is either. I don't think (I hope) that anyone here would try to poach it. If he has 100% feedback, the seller will have to weigh the consequences.

I wouldn't even acknowledge the "technical difficulties" tomfoolery.

Please out the seller

Please leave negative feedback but don't tell him you're going to leave negative feedback just suggest it without sounding threatening.

Don't to this!

That will qualify as FEEDBACK EXTORTION! Then, any negative feedback comment and/or low DSRs will be removed.

This knucklehead eBay Seller will send you a Mutual Cancellation Request. If he hasn't done so already.

REFUSE to agree to cancel the transaction! Then the seller will not get their FVF fees back from eBay.

They will get a policy strike against their Selling Account.

Leave negative feedback. Be factual. Just state Seller did not honor winning bid because he felt it was too low.

Leave low DSRs accross the board. Minimum 3*s.

Report the seller to eBay!

You can get negative feedback removed anyway. I was burned by a seller and Neg'ed him. Two weeks later my negative feedback was gone. How he did it, I have no idea. The seller was running a scam too. EBay seemed to support his method of business. I was burned $975 and EBay removed the feedback. It doesn't give too much confidence in their practices.

Like the post above me: REFUSE to cancel the transaction!!!

You can get negative feedback removed anyway. I was burned by a seller and Neg'ed him. Two weeks later my negative feedback was gone. How he did it, I have no idea. The seller was running a scam too. EBay seemed to support his method of business. I was burned $975 and EBay removed the feedback. It doesn't give too much confidence in their practices.

What was the actual wording of the negative feedback comment you left for that Seller you were scammed by?

Here's eBay's policy on this subject:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

eBay may remove or adjust Feedback ratings or comments if:

The Feedback contains inappropriate comments, or violates one of our Feedback policies.

At the time the item ended or the Feedback was left, either member participating in the transaction was unable to form a legally binding contract.

The buyer or seller provided eBay with an email address that is invalid, and the buyer or seller couldn't be contacted at the time of the transaction. See our false or missing contact information policy.

A buyer mistakenly leaves negative or neutral Feedback for the wrong seller, informs eBay of the error, and has left the same Feedback for the intended seller.

A member is suspended by eBay for behavior that we've determined is malicious enough to warrant removing all the negative and neutral Feedback they've left for sellers. Note: If a member is suspended within 90 days of registration, all Feedback left by that member is removed.

eBay is provided with a valid court order requesting Feedback removal.

A buyer fails to respond to a reminder about an unpaid item and the unpaid item is recorded on their account.

A buyer's communication within the Resolution Center undermines the purpose of the unpaid item process and the eBay Feedback system. For example, if a buyer responds to an unpaid item reminder with nonsense text simply to retain the ability to leave Feedback for a seller.

eBay determines at a later date that the seller met the requirements for an automatic 5-star detailed seller rating for the shipping and handling charges category. In these instances, we may adjust the rating to 5 stars.

A buyer leaves a seller negative or neutral Feedback that refers to customs delays or customs fees (see below).

A buyer leaves a seller a general rating of negative or neutral or a low detailed seller rating that we've determined is directly and solely the result of a systemic event beyond the seller's reasonable control such as an earthquake or flood.

eBay needs to do so in order to test new features, optimize the site, improve usability, or for other purposes

What was the actual wording of the negative feedback comment you left for that Seller you were scammed by?

Here's eBay's policy on this subject:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedback-removal.html

eBay may remove or adjust Feedback ratings or comments if:

The Feedback contains inappropriate comments, or violates one of our Feedback policies.

At the time the item ended or the Feedback was left, either member participating in the transaction was unable to form a legally binding contract.

The buyer or seller provided eBay with an email address that is invalid, and the buyer or seller couldn't be contacted at the time of the transaction. See our false or missing contact information policy.

A buyer mistakenly leaves negative or neutral Feedback for the wrong seller, informs eBay of the error, and has left the same Feedback for the intended seller.

A member is suspended by eBay for behavior that we've determined is malicious enough to warrant removing all the negative and neutral Feedback they've left for sellers. Note: If a member is suspended within 90 days of registration, all Feedback left by that member is removed.

eBay is provided with a valid court order requesting Feedback removal.

A buyer fails to respond to a reminder about an unpaid item and the unpaid item is recorded on their account.

A buyer's communication within the Resolution Center undermines the purpose of the unpaid item process and the eBay Feedback system. For example, if a buyer responds to an unpaid item reminder with nonsense text simply to retain the ability to leave Feedback for a seller.

eBay determines at a later date that the seller met the requirements for an automatic 5-star detailed seller rating for the shipping and handling charges category. In these instances, we may adjust the rating to 5 stars.

A buyer leaves a seller negative or neutral Feedback that refers to customs delays or customs fees (see below).

A buyer leaves a seller a general rating of negative or neutral or a low detailed seller rating that we've determined is directly and solely the result of a systemic event beyond the seller's reasonable control such as an earthquake or flood.

eBay needs to do so in order to test new features, optimize the site, improve usability, or for other purposes

lol Why bother with that whole list above if they're going to include this?

lol Why bother with that whole list above if they're going to include this?

You're right. ALL feedback, both positive and negative, can be removed. doh!