• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2013 Modern Age Speculation Challenge

322 posts in this topic

Not yet. I've actually been thinking it would be easier to post transactions in the thread (prices) with verification via PM. The spreadsheet I've created will be an ongoing thing, I can't really cover for the year as I don't know how many books people will buy and sell, and I don't want to create a monster that has hundreds of cells that aren't needed.

If people post their buys and sells in here with dates (and update the PM with info) James and I will keep on top of the spreadsheet and post monthly updates. Any objections to this?

Just to add to this, obviously you'll have to keep a track of your cashflow too. But if it helps we'll post updates every time somebody makes a purchase or sale instead of monthly.

There are eleven participants registered so far.

im game.....ready for tomorrow!

I guess you get a head start. All the stores here are closed tomorrow.

This weeks comics came out today over here.

But purchases can't be made until 2013. :taptaptap:

A couple more purchases trickling through, they'll be updated on verification. One book is turning out to be a popular choice so far, but I think it best to keep peoples' buys quiet until they've sold. That should make it more interesting I reckon.

A couple more purchases trickling through, they'll be updated on verification. One book is turning out to be a popular choice so far, but I think it best to keep peoples' buys quiet until they've sold. That should make it more interesting I reckon.

I've been reading up on the web, and I can't for the life of me figure out why that issue of Swamp Thing is so hot. (shrug)

I thought all purchases and sales were going to be between the buyers and the moderators. Also for Harry Rod if he bought 2 comics then shouldn't his remaining money be zero?

I thought all purchases and sales were going to be between the buyers and the moderators. Also for Harry Rod if he bought 2 comics then shouldn't his remaining money be zero?

Yep on both counts. We'll be working out the kinks of the spreadsheet in these early couple of days, so thanks for the note.

I thought all purchases and sales were going to be between the buyers and the moderators.

They are (thumbs u

Also for Harry Rod if he bought 2 comics then shouldn't his remaining money be zero?

I started everybody off with $8. His purchases came off that. There is a problem with one of his though as I think it was available last year.

Makes sense. It just wasn't initially covered by the rules. Being the 1st go at this we might as well troubleshoot as we go.

Indeed, I missed quite a bit over Christmas being busy and having a chest infection so I'm playing a bit of catch up as I go. I thought a starting amount would make it fairer to everybody and set a limit. If anybody's against that that's no problem. (thumbs u

Makes sense. It just wasn't initially covered by the rules. Being the 1st go at this we might as well troubleshoot as we go.

Indeed, I missed quite a bit over Christmas being busy and having a chest infection so I'm playing a bit of catch up as I go. I thought a starting amount would make it fairer to everybody and set a limit. If anybody's against that that's no problem. (thumbs u

You did great. No expectation of a perfect system the 1st go around. lol

Hope you're feeling better. :foryou: