• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2013 Modern Age Speculation Challenge

322 posts in this topic

Whew! I just got over a nasty bought of strep throat. Once I get things situated with Gav, I'll start updating the spreadsheet along with him and we'll occasionally start dropping hints about the challenge rankings before we release the first official list at the end of the month!

Pretty sure im losing because my LCS ran out of daredevils

I never bought a Dd 21. (shrug)

heh we must be tied for last then. I already bought a bunch of stupid that wont sell for more than cover now that i think about it.

I'm down at the bottom as well. Bought some DD 21s newsstands to sell, but decided I'll go the "only new comics" route and see how it works out. Yet to even buy a comic.

I will still be flipping moderns any chance I can, but for the Challenge, I'm going to start "fresh".

So,

I'm behind on this whole thing. I have a question about the rules. Say we find a cashe of books that would cost us more than our available funds to purchase. Can we buy them all, sell as many as would fall within our cap, then use the profits to "buy" the rest of the books. Or, do we just buy the other books for our personal kitty and set out to hunt again?

You can only buy 2 books and the total has to be 8 dollars or less for your first puchase. After that its pretty much whatever as long as you have money in your "bank"

That means you have to sell one or both of your first 2 purchases before you can buy again.

Oh and you must provide proof of purchase. You cant just email and say

"Um yeah i bought manhattan projects #1 at cover price. Dood didnt know what he had"

So,

I'm behind on this whole thing. I have a question about the rules. Say we find a cashe of books that would cost us more than our available funds to purchase. Can we buy them all, sell as many as would fall within our cap, then use the profits to "buy" the rest of the books. Or, do we just buy the other books for our personal kitty and set out to hunt again?

:facepalm:

No, you can't buy a stack of books with money you expect to have later. As far as this challenge goes, you can never go into the hole, and you can't buy now and use your funds later.

Buy only what you have the challenge funds to pay for.

So,

:facepalm:

No, you can't buy a stack of books with money you expect to have later. As far as this challenge goes, you can never go into the hole, and you can't buy now and use your funds later.

Buy only what you have the challenge funds to pay for.

Wait, I thougt this challenge was about comics... :baiting: