• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Official 2013 Modern Age Speculation Challenge

322 posts in this topic

For example

If I buy one new release for $3 and sell it for $5 then can I buy any comic from 2000 on for $10?

Yep. (thumbs u

As soon as the cherry is popped it's open season.

If you read the rules, you get $8 for that first purchase. Once you've made a purchase with that $8, any remainder disappears. So all you have is your book(s) and no more funds. You've got to sell your book(s) to have any money to continue with the challenge.

EDIT: I guess that's true even if you don't read the rules. hm

OK, I never removed the remainder of the $8. I'm having trouble with the formula in the spreadsheet anyway, it's not locking row information for some reason although the one I have saved in Excel is working properly. I may have to post screenshots on a regular basis until I can work out the Googledocs one.

OK, I never removed the remainder of the $8. I'm having trouble with the formula in the spreadsheet anyway, it's not locking row information for some reason although the one I have saved in Excel is working properly. I may have to post screenshots on a regular basis until I can work out the Googledocs one.

I can help when I get home tonight. Or, we can just manually enter the current rankings. I think we discussed only doing that once a month, so it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Could this one day become a comic book fantasy league?

If you were only allowed to buy new comics. Unfortunately it much wider open and less competition with it not being just 2013 comics. That would have created a level playing field (knowledge wise).

That'd be pretty cool. For the draft, you'd pick, say, 6 series to purchase for a full season, and every month, you'd have to sell copies while facing another boardie who's doing the same.

Maybe a "team" would be one series from each of the top 5 publishers. Or maybe you can have a starting lineup that includes 3 super hero books, 1 crime, 1 science fiction or fantasy, and 1 flex spot.

When a new series is introduced, you'd put in a waiver wire acquisition request.

This looks interesting. Is it too late to join?

Nope, bear with me though as there's a lot of info coming in already.

Yeah, it's clear already that Gav and I will need to implement some sort of limit on the number of buy/sell cycles we can all go through. Our PMs are blowing up and it's only the third day.

We'll iron it out a bit and post any new rules we need to put into place so we can keep our sanity. (thumbs u

Right, to try to make things a bit easier with info updates, can participants use this template for updates?

Title:

Issue #:

Sold price:

Venue:

Proof: (link to purchase/sale, scan of receipt, sccreenshot of scan/receipt etc)