• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Heritage "Make Offer To Owner" - anyone had any success with it???

12 posts in this topic

Hey folks,

Just wondering if anyone had had any offers accepted through Heritage's semi-new "make offer to owner" program. I've submitted about 5 different offers to various pieces, where this option was available, with zero responses. I realize that Heritage themselves indicate the different reasons why you may not get a response but just curious if anyone else has had better success.

Thanks!

Mike

Had the opposite experience. Someone made ME an offer, I accepted, then never heard anything again. Contacted Heritage weeks later to find out what was going on and whether the bidder would be flagged as a deadbeat. Got a generic unhelpful response. My conclusion is you can make offers at whim and back out without penalty. Ignore that thing that says "you are committing to buy if the offer is accepted".

Yes I have made offers and had them accepted - for comic books never art

The default position is if you win something then, if its worth enough (my 60$ or 110$ books etc dont get that feature but the 17K ones do), it gets the automatic make an offer button, usually with 10-15% of your purchase price tacked on.

I believe - but I may be wrong - there is no juice if you buy it like that.

I have had plenty of offers on my stuff, sometimes I reject them a lot of the time I ignore them. Im not about to log in on a iphone when I am out and about, find the area, do the reject and disable the button. So they get crickets.

I have also called up directly and spoken with Barry and he has helped facilitate deals for be or be the intermediary for pieces I wanted. One time he got back to me and said "it would have to be a stupid price" I gave him a figure and asked if it was stupid enough, he was like "not even close", "Oh, so you mean Stupid stupid", I did not get the book needless to say.

I've received several offers all for the same piece.

The first offer was for exactly what I paid for the piece. So after paying the sellers premium the potential buyer expected me to take a loss on the sale. I rejected the offer only to get increased offers. Each offer was $200 more than the previous one. After rejecting twice I decided the potential buyer was not getting the message and stopped responding.

I made an offer on an item and was actually countered with a slightly higher offer that was more than I could afford.....so it does work. Depends on the item. When you agree to be included it's an "across the board" situation....so items you might consider reselling are listed with those you wouldn't ...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u