• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Classic Color Touch??? Yes or No?

19 posts in this topic

Does it bleed?

Unfortunately, I don't have it in hand. I was thinking of buying it until I asked for large scans.

Then, I see this 893frustrated.gif

However, when asked, the seller claims he's a boyscout, and that they were his father's (now deceased) books, and I believe him.

The actual exchange: "Thanks for the large scans. It appears that the 1/8" crease to the lower right corner has been color touched. Do you agree?"

"i do not think it has been touched up,my father bought all theses comics as new comics out of nrws stands, he would not even now how to do something like that."

yup, plain and simple.. and a bad job at that.

They did not even try to follow the contours of the crease. just went right over it in a straight line.

So unless you get it for a song, and plan to use it as a reader.. I would stay away.

Z

Cerainly looks like CT. Funny - would expect a marker to actually cover the white, nit just put a transparent layer OVER it. Unless the pigments are - what's the word...volatile? ::[!@#%^&^] - thesaurus:: fugitive! May have been something other than a marker. Almost has a ballpoint pen type feel to it. Or maybe watercolor. Man! Anyway, CT.

Just ask them to look at the inside of the back cover and see if there is any associated blackish line. I also played around with it in Photo Editor, palying with the gamma, brightness, contrast etc. and certain aspects of that CT area are repeated in the denser black areas, especially to the right of the ankle, which makes me wonder if more had been applied.

Does it bleed?

Steve,

We need you to chime in here - what were you thinking? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif To me it looks obvious, but it's a huge scan, and like I said, I don't have the book (yet). I am going to post the whole front cover. The only examples of color touch I have seen are PLODs that I have broke open for my own inspection. hi.gif

It doesn't look like felt tip, and ballpoint tends to be darker and more overt. . .

It doesn't look like felt tip, and ballpoint tends to be darker and more overt. . .

It's certainly a CT. Probably an old water based felt tip marker where the ink faded a bit over time, hence, the see-through on the touch.

Does it bleed?

Steve,

We need you to chime in here - what were you thinking? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif To me it looks obvious, but it's a huge scan, and like I said, I don't have the book (yet). I am going to post the whole front cover. The only examples of color touch I have seen are PLODs that I have broke open for my own inspection. hi.gif

Sorry sorry.gif

I was just making a (bad?) joke. When you asked "Classic CT" I meant, if it bleeds, it was probably "classic" if not it was "New" CT, kinda like New Coke vs Classic Coke. boo.gif

About the color touch, I am not allowed to comment on scans because my contract with CGC does not allow it.

It's certainly a CT. Probably an old water based felt tip marker where the ink faded a bit over time, hence, the see-through on the touch.

My thought exactly! water based marker the paper soaked up the ink and dried light.

Bill