• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales from the Island of Serendip
4 4

8,956 posts in this topic

Yet again ,fantastic job Michael! I always learn something new with your thread here, and how I percieved hinduism was not inline with what it truly is, which you helped clarify for me as of recent.

Thank you

Still one of my favourite threads, although my inner philistine was not so much awakened by the existential nature of the statuary, but a rather baser "wow, look at the breasts" kind of thing lol .

You are right about how difficult it is to get to Khajuraho. Nothing thereabouts (other than the temple complex) to recommend either.

I would love to one day see those Hindu temples. Angkor Wat is very similar, and the Cham temples in Viet Nam on a smaller scale...though the boobs on either of those aren't as big.

Still one of my favourite threads, although my inner philistine was not so much awakened by the existential nature of the statuary, but a rather baser "wow, look at the breasts" kind of thing lol .

You are right about how difficult it is to get to Khajuraho. Nothing thereabouts (other than the temple complex) to recommend either.

People come from all over the world for that very reason. But they say it is to experience the existential nature of the statuary.

I would love to one day see those Hindu temples. Angkor Wat is very similar, and the Cham temples in Viet Nam on a smaller scale...though the boobs on either of those aren't as big.

Got any photos? :luhv:

I'll post some soon...I need to upload them.

Got any photos? :luhv:

I'll post some soon...I need to upload them.

Great - I've been hoping you would.