• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tales from the Island of Serendip
4 4

8,956 posts in this topic

The court hearing denied bail to the hooligan, and for now the family are back home and under police protection. Shahina is by nature an activist and evidently finds it hard to back down from this situation.

However, I have suggested that this might be a good time to take a break for reflection, gather in her group and maybe take them away from the pressure for a while.  If by taking a break her opponents are deceived into thinking she has given in, so much the better. I suggested to her that it is the long term that matters, and that requires a thoughtful strategy. She is smart, she is resilient, and most importantly, she seems to be listening.

I think the best thing I can do for her now is launch the fundraiser. With resources comes the option to relocate, or make possible other options as yet unexplored.

I'm delighted to announce that our second annual sales thread was overwhelmingly successful, raising over $7000. Roshni is financially secure for another year, perhaps two, all depending on what fresh challenges they encounter in the coming year. A big thank you to all who have supported Roshni last year and this. In that two year period you've helped raise over $10,000 - far beyond my wildest dreams.