• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

I am impressed he has 189 sources worldwide. I have more (203), but I'm impressed someone is getting close to me in the number of worldwide sources.

dang 203 is baller :o

do you have any asian contacts that can source?

I have subcontracted several of Transplant's Asian sourcing contacts including, but not limited to David Lo Pan, Qui Gon Jin, Jhick N. Tiki Masala, and Pad Kee Mao!

I am impressed he has 189 sources worldwide. I have more (203), but I'm impressed someone is getting close to me in the number of worldwide sources.

I have subcontracted several of Transplant's Asian sourcing contacts including, but not limited to David Lo Pan, Qui Gon Jin, Jhick N. Tiki Masala, and Pad Kee Mao!

hm

impressive, most impressive, but you are not a jedi yet!

Everyone's grandma has a Hulk 181 and an extra just to wipe their feet at the door and they are high price with plenty to boot so that throws out the "rare and scarce" argument...

----------------

this isn't really true. i have owned 1 copy of 181 and that was for about a month.

my LCS, which has had multiple X-Men 1s and FF 1s pass through over the last 10 years has had one 181 up on the wall (unless copies were sold so quickly i never saw them)

in contrast, i have owned 10 copies of FF 48 over the years.

not saying 181 is rare...I've certainly owned a bunch of 180s and 181s...I do suspect there are people out there sitting on 50, 100 copies as 30 years ago this would have been a good book to look for at every convention at $5-$25.

Everyone's grandma has a Hulk 181 and an extra just to wipe their feet at the door and they are high price with plenty to boot so that throws out the "rare and scarce" argument...

----------------

this isn't really true. i have owned 1 copy of 181 and that was for about a month.

my LCS, which has had multiple X-Men 1s and FF 1s pass through over the last 10 years has had one 181 up on the wall (unless copies were sold so quickly i never saw them)

in contrast, i have owned 10 copies of FF 48 over the years.

not saying 181 is rare...I've certainly owned a bunch of 180s and 181s...I do suspect there are people out there sitting on 50, 100 copies as 30 years ago this would have been a good book to look for at every convention at $5-$25.

i agree with you Blob. i only mean they are excellent and high valued books but not rare. I have several ASM129's since the late 80's its one of my favorites but not a rare book...

Ebay search results:

218 Hulk 181s

198 ASM129s

everyone and their grandma could have one as they are readily available at whichever price tier you choose (thumbs u

That was the thread that first tipped me off there were counterfeit Batman 497s floating around, as before then I had never heard of such a thing.

I need to find that comicspriceguide thread, as it was the only time I ever saw a picture of one, and even that CCL thread didn't have one available.

at the time wasn't there a fake 497 or something with "1,000,000" in gold print on it or something like that...I remember some dealer trying to get me to trade some decent books for that and me saying it looked like B.S. (and I dodn't collect that sort of stuff then anyway...)

That was the thread that first tipped me off there were counterfeit Batman 497s floating around, as before then I had never heard of such a thing.

I need to find that comicspriceguide thread, as it was the only time I ever saw a picture of one, and even that CCL thread didn't have one available.

at the time wasn't there a fake 497 or something with "1,000,000" in gold print on it or something like that...I remember some dealer trying to get me to trade some decent books for that and me saying it looked like B.S. (and I dodn't collect that sort of stuff then anyway...)

is there a pic of the Fake 497 Platinum????

counterfeit efforts are still impressive

Depending on how much you want to pay, i could have a few hundred of these whipped up no problem by getting a foil stamped dye made and printing out some black covers to apply to whatever Superman book you want. DC never produced this item.

DC published it. i found the gallery link that confirms this it ran for 8 issues.

My copy is in the mail. I will submit to CGC

took me a couple of days hopefully i can show later this week (thumbs u

DC published it. i found the gallery link that confirms this it ran for 8 issues.

What was the title/issue #?

You said "Man of Steel", but this could be the 80s mini from Byrne or the later "Superman: Man of Steel" regular series.

Depending on how much you want to pay, i could have a few hundred of these whipped up no problem by getting a foil stamped dye made and printing out some black covers to apply to whatever Superman book you want. DC never produced this item.

To quote BlowuptheMoon, "Got a link?"

To quote BlowuptheMoon, "Got a link?"

Give him time to create the webpage and upload the pictures that prove his story. :baiting:

:insane:

Amazing that there is no listing from DC for a Superman series that ran for 8 issues. meh