• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

This is eerily similar to the baseball card fad before it all melted down, with speculators running around looking for virtually any rookie card from the past.

As much as I want to say no, it really does feel like the market is spiralling out of control right now to the point all someone has to do is hint that a character is going to be in a movie and speculations takes off.

Is this new, Warrior #1s going for this kind of money...in "very good" condition...?

I don't know about the price, but that's a very important book, and one that really started off the Copper Age.

And the seller rated it as "a very good copy" not a "Very Good" copy, and you can clearly see it's in higher grade than VG.

Plus that book (and all Warriors) are hard to find in grade because they're a weird size - bigger than magazines, but smaller than treasuries. Bags don't fit and you can't really put them in a box.

This is eerily similar to the baseball card fad before it all melted down, with speculators running around looking for virtually any rookie card from the past.

As much as I want to say no, it really does feel like the market is spiralling out of control right now to the point all someone has to do is hint that a character is going to be in a movie and speculations takes off.

+1 crazy! can't hold up. Going to have to wait a couple of years for some of my want list books because at some of these prices i missed the boat.

Or hint that a character made a real first appearance elsewhere than the recognized 1st app. as someone else' creaton that shares the same name and really nothing else.

Run-on sentence FTW!

-slym

Edited by slym2none

Wolverine #1 CGC 9.8 @ 47 watchers and no, I'm not talking the Limited Series but the regular series. Seems to have been gaining steam for some time. hm

I've noticed that too. The dark cover makes it hard in 9.8 but there are quite a few around.

Quite a few around is a massive understatement. When this came out everybody I knew bought multiple copies, and we were just dumb kids; I'm sure actual dealers and speculators bought far more copies. It kinda boggles me that stuff from this period is worth anything given there aren't just a ton of copies around, but most of them are in high grade as well.

Edited by Crimebuster

Wolverine #1 CGC 9.8 @ 47 watchers and no, I'm not talking the Limited Series but the regular series. Seems to have been gaining steam for some time. hm

I've noticed that too. The dark cover makes it hard in 9.8 but there are quite a few around.

Quite a few around is a massive understatement. When this came out everybody I knew bought multiple copies, and we were just dumb kids; I'm sure actual dealers and speculators bought far more copies. It kinda boggles me that stuff from this period is worth anything given there aren't just a ton of copies around, but most of them are in high grade as well.

+1. That and NM 98.

Why would they do that? Then people would actually be able to tell the actually quality of it.

Doesn't matter how many are out there, people want them.