• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

Well I'm spitting feathers over here. I sold my third print last year doh! Still did okay with it, though. ;)

I still have a 2nd in my keeper collection. What are the 2nd prints going for in CGC 8.0? Surely it's more, because there must be about 20,000 less copies of the 2nd then there is of the 3rd.

TMNT Print Run Data

TMNT #1 (first printing) - 3,000

TMNT #1 (second printing) - 6,000

TMNT #1 (third printing) - 35,000

In the grand scheme of comic prints, they are all low...

All kidding aside, Turtles are hot. They always have been. They always will be. I buy them at every opportunity I get. :sumo: Demand exceeds supply, certainly for #1 through 10, regardless of printing. ;)

How many do you own?

I saw a thread the other day where someone had like 20 copies of assorted printings...

All kidding aside, Turtles are hot. They always have been. They always will be. I buy them at every opportunity I get. :sumo: Demand exceeds supply, certainly for #1 through 10, regardless of printing. ;)

How many do you own?

I saw a thread the other day where someone had like 20 copies of assorted printings...

I turn them over quite quickly, but I currently have a #2 2nd print, and a #3 1st print, about 12 1st prints from 5-10, and probably 20 or so from #11 on. :grin:

Well I'm spitting feathers over here. I sold my third print last year doh! Still did okay with it, though. ;)

I still have a 2nd in my keeper collection. What are the 2nd prints going for in CGC 8.0? Surely it's more, because there must be about 20,000 less copies of the 2nd then there is of the 3rd.

TMNT Print Run Data

TMNT #1 (first printing) - 3,000

TMNT #1 (second printing) - 6,000

TMNT #1 (third printing) - 35,000

In the grand scheme of comic prints, they are all low...

truedat, truedat. :sumo:

MJ books in high grades are impossible.

This is not necessarily true. I have had several MJI books fall into my lap in HG. Many of them were in collections with non-MJI copies of the same issue. My observation has been that the MJI copies are often higher grade than their non-MJI counterparts. Hard-stock CFs prevent spine bends.

I have found in my searches that MJI books tend to have more soiling problems than anything. Most of them were never bagged. That and corner dings to right side. Yes the spine is protected, but they just get rubs and dirt. Its all luck, and normally when you are looking for a paticular book, you always find mid-grade. Thats the way it goes I guess! Either way I always get a kick when I pick up a book and it feels too heavy and just know its a MJI. Fun stuff.

I've been doing the same thing, picking up cheap third prints of #1 whenever I can. I was able to get a nice NM copy signed by Eastman and Laird last month that actually came from the personal collection of Steve Lavigne. His wife even asked me if I wanted him to sign it before it was shipped. :grin:

I've been doing the same thing, picking up cheap third prints of #1 whenever I can. I was able to get a nice NM copy signed by Eastman and Laird last month that actually came from the personal collection of Steve Lavigne. His wife even asked me if I wanted him to sign it before it was shipped. :grin:

:cool:

I always get a kick when I pick up a book and it feels too heavy and just know its a MJI. Fun stuff.

ditto :cloud9:

Either that or a double cover :cloud9:

Oh yeah! :headbang:

I while back I bought a group of Wolverine 1988 series # 1's from a craigslist posting. When I putting them in fresh bags and boards I noticed one felt more stiff... surely not I thought. Opened it up... BOOOM 2nd cover.

What do they fetch in graded 9.4+?

last sale

9.4 100

9.6 173

9.8 390

Seems to to be very hard to find in HG and imo flying under the radar at that price. I saw about 6 copies at WW Portland, all vf or worse, all asking about 50. saw one vf+/nm- spine problems for 100.

I find this book to be the marvel premiere 7 / hulk 271 of psylocke. 1st appearnces are in Captain Britain, but this first main marvel universe appearance gets all the love.

Cheers!

Holy! :o:applause:

OMFG, that is one book that I used to try and pick up whenever I saw it at a show, and I probably have a short stack of them. I always liked Psylocke as a character, and there was no downside to blowing a buck or two (or less if you get lucky) on a copy.

Either way I always get a kick when I pick up a book and it feels too heavy and just know its a MJI. Fun stuff.

I bought this big lot of Marvel Picture Frame books (F/VF to VF/NM) and most of them had those pre-MJ "skimpy lingerie girls/diamond" inserts. Hilarious stuff.

ndslpweb.jpg