• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,847 posts in this topic

Noticed the HELLBOY 4 PAGE PROMO INSERT from the CBG is listed from $200 - $300 on ebay. There were no sales reported so I was wondering whether this is truly a realistic price for the CBG supplement.

It seems like this would be a highly counterfeited item because of the b&w one sheet make up. I've also heard that there were a portion released at a Con in Detroit that were not stapled into the CBG issue, thus not bearing the staple holes.

Are those hard to move because of counterfeit concerns?

Thanks

Captain Britain (1985 Magazine) #1 CGC 9.8 just sold for over $300 on eBay! What the heck?

It seems more like a $100 book to me...

Captain Britain (1985 Mag) #1 CGC 9.8

Such a strange market. Not that it's a 9.8, but I couldn't even give that book away a few years ago.

I think sparkle city could sell sand in the desert and get 300 bucks. Anything they put up seems to get bid up to the heavens. ???

Congrats to Divad! (worship)

Someone is obviously paying for the stated grade, but I would never suggest rolling the dice on a raw 9.8 no matter how nice it looks as depending on the day at CGC it could just as easily come back as a 9.6 as it could hit 9.9. lol

As I packed it last night, I (as always) had seller's remorse. :facepalm: On closer inspection, the book has a serious chance at a 9.9 - not a single flaw. :sumo:

Then that should really be a 10.0. :wink:

I never find X-Factor 24 in $1 bins, let alone in any bins for that matter in good shape that some store doesn't want some stupid price on for a beater.

X-Factor 23 has a cameo so that one is worth getting along with the first appearance of the Four Horsemen, I think they appear first in issue 19?

I never find X-Factor 24 in $1 bins, let alone in any bins for that matter in good shape that some store doesn't want some stupid price on for a beater.

X-Factor 23 has a cameo so that one is worth getting along with the first appearance of the Four Horsemen, I think they appear first in issue 19?

Issue #15, easy to spot with Angel on the cover and a big red circle with a line through it like a no smoking sign. I have been picking up #23's as well.

Congrats to Divad! (worship)

Someone is obviously paying for the stated grade, but I would never suggest rolling the dice on a raw 9.8 no matter how nice it looks as depending on the day at CGC it could just as easily come back as a 9.6 as it could hit 9.9. lol

As I packed it last night, I (as always) had seller's remorse. :facepalm: On closer inspection, the book has a serious chance at a 9.9 - not a single flaw. :sumo:

Then that should really be a 10.0. :wink:

It may very well be. ;)

Captain Britain (1985 Magazine) #1 CGC 9.8 just sold for over $300 on eBay! What the heck?

It seems more like a $100 book to me...

Captain Britain (1985 Mag) #1 CGC 9.8

Such a strange market. Not that it's a 9.8, but I couldn't even give that book away a few years ago.

I think sparkle city could sell sand in the desert and get 300 bucks. Anything they put up seems to get bid up to the heavens. ???

anything is possible these days with noobs purchasing/pursuing these so called hott books.

anything is possible these days with noobs purchasing/pursuing these so called hott books.

While that is a part of it, over the past couple of years I have seen way more early 20s collectors enter the market and for them the Copper Age keys are the big books tied to their youth. They have jobs now with decent disposable incomes to chase the funny books that are key to them, and it is not BA or SA. If they follow the trend, they will eventually migrate to BA, SA and GA books, but right now CA is what they are most familiar with and that is what they are chasing. It happened with SA back in the day, then BA, so it only makes sense that demographics are impacting the CA market now as well.

While that is a part of it, over the past couple of years I have seen way more early 20s collectors enter the market and for them the Copper Age keys are the big books tied to their youth. They have jobs now with decent disposable incomes to chase the funny books that are key to them, and it is not BA or SA. If they follow the trend, they will eventually migrate to BA, SA and GA books, but right now CA is what they are most familiar with and that is what they are chasing. It happened with SA back in the day, then BA, so it only makes sense that demographics are impacting the CA market now as well.

I think you mean people in their 30s, but I see your point.