• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,855 posts in this topic

Hellblazer #1 @ $16 & 21 bids.

DC Comics Presents #26 @ $20 & 19 bids. This will go higher as this book has been of particular interest lately it seems.

Dark Knight Returns #1 VF/NM @ $19 & 47 watchers. :whistle:

Than back to the already well known books. X-Factor #6, X-Men #266, Secret Wars #8.. :blahblah:

It'll be interesting to see if Hellblazer #1 heats up, now that Papa Midnite has been announced as the shows main villain.

HB 2 is a key PM book as well. It has been so long since I have read the early HBs. Did #1 just refer to PM (and JC's debt) and #2 had him on the cover and his 1st full app?

DC Comics Presents #26 @ $20 & 19 bids. This will go higher as this book has been of particular interest lately it seems.

Than back to the already well known books. X-Factor #6, X-Men #266, Secret Wars #8.. :blahblah:

It'll be interesting to see if Hellblazer #1 heats up, now that Papa Midnite has been announced as the shows main villain.

HB 2 is a key PM book as well. It has been so long since I have read the early HBs. Did #1 just refer to PM (and JC's debt) and #2 had him on the cover and his 1st full app?

I've actually never read them, as my copies have been in too high a grade to crack. (That's actually one of the drawbacks to late coppers / moderns imho). :grin:

He's in #1 on a few pages wearing both his business suit and the white ritual garb. #2 features him on the cover and he is more prominent throughout the story, IIRC.

Edited by awakeintheashes

Maybe we should all just, you know, talk about comics?

Then just boot RMA, as he'd argue about what he had for breakfast this morning.

hm

(Take note, people: the definition of "arguing" here is what most people simply call "discussion." And if you question anything JC says, you're "arguing" with him.)

Good Score! I also picked up a Star Lord special for $1 the other day and Infinity Gauntlet for $1 both NM-

Is the Star Lord Special worth anything? I picked up a few in a collection last year.

Good Score! I also picked up a Star Lord special for $1 the other day and Infinity Gauntlet for $1 both NM-

Is the Star Lord Special worth anything? I picked up a few in a collection last year.

Better than a poke in the eye . . .

Very nice. My copies were throw ins by the seller (along with some ASM #361s and other coppers/moderns) to a purchase of his SA Marvel collection.

lol Unlike you right? ;)

Hey, I'm trying to stay cool, but some guys like RMA are just out-there zany and argue with anyone over anything. That's what he does, That's all he does!

This thread's been kinda funny lately but I think the show has drawn to a close now guys. :foryou:

lol Unlike you right? ;)

Hey, I'm trying to stay cool, but some guys like RMA are just out-there zany and argue with anyone over anything. That's what he does, That's all he does!

It's true. That's all I do. It's all I've ever done my entire life. I don't even eat or sleep, I just argue with people, my dogs, the wall, the clock, the fly on the wall, the fly on the clock on the wall, that piece of foil over there, a bowl of cereal, and a couple of leaves sitting on the lawn.

Hell, I even argued with some pigeons the other day.

They're so uppity all the time, thinking they're always right about everything.

Damn pigeons.

He's in #1 on a few pages wearing both his business suit and the white ritual garb. #2 features him on the cover and he is more prominent throughout the story, IIRC.

The early stories are a little rough compared to the greatness of Hellblazer later on. But Papa Midnite was a cool character as part of this dark universe.

lol Unlike you right? ;)

It's true. That's all I do. It's all I've ever done my entire life. I don't even eat or sleep, I just argue with people, my dogs, the wall, the clock, the fly on the wall, the fly on the clock on the wall, that piece of foil over there, a bowl of cereal, and a couple of leaves sitting on the lawn.

Damn pigeons.

Acceptance is the first step.

lol Unlike you right? ;)

Damn pigeons.

Acceptance is the first step.

hm

:idea:

:popcorn:

Congrats, admitting your problem is the first step towards regaining your mental health. :applause:

Congrats, admitting your problem is the first step towards regaining your mental health. :applause:

Now it's your turn...

To boil it down to simply "being married and having kids" is a gross, broad oversimplification. You've made several broad assumptions that are easily disproved.

There are multitudes of people who are married with children who think they are the center of the universe, despite that spouse and child(ren). And I don't mean in the sense of criminality, though there certainly is that. There are, for example, "stage moms", who force their children to do things they either failed at themselves, or were not allowed to do, or simply because they miss their own glory days. There are people who have children merely as accessories, to brighten up their holiday cards. There are people who have children so that they, themselves, will have someone to care for them in their old age. There are people who get married because they, themselves, don't want to be lonely. There are people who get married because they are horny. There are people who get married so they can be secure.

All of these things, and many, many more, aren't all necessarily bad things, but they ARE self-serving. You give to get. They are selfish, because humanity is selfish.

And of course, there's a difference between being humiliated and being humbled. But both are useless if they don't lead to correction.

There are, on the other hand, people...very, very few....(and probably none on this entire board) who "live alone", whose very lives are a shining example of giving, and genuine giving, not giving to receive, which is what nearly everyone else does, whether they know it or not. They give without fanfare, without trumpets, without even letting their left hand know what their right hand is doing. That is real humility.

And very, very, VERY few people possess it. And it certainly has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with being married and having kids. When I said it takes a power outside of themselves, I do not mean "other people", whether they are your wife, your children, your parents, or anyone else.

You jumped the shark, man. 'Bout 6 posts back. You. Jumped. That. Mother. .