• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Or are those Free Special Origin Issues going to be more difficult to find in high grade due simply to the fact that folks treat them like toilet paper?

That happened with the Sixth Gun FCBD version vs. the Newstand. Red was much tougher than Green to find in pristine condition.

Of course, I'll put my vote in for "BOTH" just to be on the safe side. :)

Looks like there were a few promo versions that took advantage of the blank bar code

m5P_JvkYUMf33146_seX66w.jpg

Or are those Free Special Origin Issues going to be more difficult to find in high grade due simply to the fact that folks treat them like toilet paper?

That happened with the Sixth Gun FCBD version vs. the Newstand. Red was much tougher than Green to find in pristine condition.

Looks like there were a few promo versions that took advantage of the blank bar code

FCBD & Six Flags are reprints.

FCBD & Six Flags are reprints.

That looks to be the case. The Direct version was released in December 1998 with at March 1999 cover date. The free version has a June 1999 cover date.

There's a Batman Beyond #1 that's the direct sales edition:

mRdgNyG98s-Nu3dLRGH9W2g.jpg

And then there's another version, presumably a FCBD reprint?

moBKBZYKHSDv2XTdHGln4Sg.jpg

I agree this one's a big sleeper, any suggestions on which is THE version to have?

Whichever is harder to find and RMA argues in favor of. :kidaround:

hm

Batman Beyond #1 has 4 versions.

Newsstand

Direct Market

FCBD

Six Flags

The book to get is Newsstand or Direct Market as it was issued first.

Assuming the FCBD copy is the same one that was being handed out at the local Warner Brothers Store at the time?

I talked about this on my website in January, but the FCBD for DC this year is going to bring back Batman Beyond in a big way so yes, Batman Beyond #1 FCBD from 1999 is the right book to be picking up. 2c

So is Static #1 and Booster Gold #1 to a lesser extent. I say lesser extent because Booster Gold is now like a $25 - $50 book that still has a lot of moving room, while Static #1 is the first appearance of Static Shock and with DC's new revision of black super heroes within the next twelve months its also a good book. (so is first appearance of Shaq / Steel in comics)

Is Booster Gold a $25+ book online? Nice. I can pick them up here for just a couple of bucks still.

Two sold for $39 on March 10

One sold for $43 on March 8

Two sold in two different Buy it now or best offer of $29.99 with the best offer being accepted on March 4

So I would say yes. Booster Gold #1 is a $25+ book online ATM

Also, if DC is going to do Steampunk variants and Robot Chicken Variants its only a matter of time before they do a black history super-heroes related month with Static Shock and Steel AKA Shaq. (that was to Wheaton lol )

On that same Booster Gold tip and the Batman Beyond tip.....there's some preliminary info. disseminated on the interweb about the DC character "Vibe" showing up in the new Flash television series.

My take: DC is actively trying to beef up their ethnic diversity....meaning JL's comments regarding Static Shock are spot on.....and that would naturally include Cyborg as well as other folks you see popping up as potential appearances in movies and/or TV such as Jon Stewart GL.

Booster Gold showed up in Smallville, he's been in the animated JL shows more recently.

Vibe has had some animated shorts on DC Nation (when it was actively on). They rebooted him for the New 52.

Cyborg has a long history in animation from DC going all the way back to almost the Superfriends....and up to current time in animated movies like JL War and of course of both Teen Titans animated shows.

The new MOS sequel purportedly has a football game scene already filmed between Gotham and Metropolis teams.....which is an excellent segue to the introduction of Victor Stone (aka Cyborg).

They made Cyborg a retcon founding member of the Justice League for the new 52.

Heck, there's even a new Lebanese GL that's taking a much larger role in the new 52.

The writing on the wall is clear: DC/WB isn't looking to have an all Caucasian cast for their new releases. They're delving into their source material for diversity and these are the most likely candidates for exposure on both big and small screens.

Don't forget the Booster Gold easter egg in the MOS1 movie either! :)

What is the first appearance of Booster Gold?

Also, DC Presents #26 is the first Cyborg, right?

Sorry, I can't find my stupid OSPG after I started cleaning the comic room/office last weekend.

What is the first appearance of Booster Gold?

Also, DC Presents #26 is the first Cyborg, right?

Sorry, I can't find my stupid OSPG after I started cleaning the comic room/office last weekend.

Yes and yes.

I really wish DCP #26 didn't have that NTT preview in it and the first appearance would of ended up being NTT #1. I bet it would go for a lot more the DCP 26 does if it did.

Booster Gold 1 is the 1st app BG (thumbs u

Nice. Then the CDN Newstand edition is the one to have. (thumbs u

Justice League #4 is the other book to be on the look out for.

Booster Gold joins the Justice League.

Thanks. Got it as well in the CDN newstand variant I think. If not, it should not be difficult to find out here. Most collections I pick up have most/all of the newsstand price variants in the respective runs.