• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

What in the world! (shrug)

Thor 338???

Classic issue with Thor & Beta Ray Bill's battle for Mjolnir, Simonson's 2nd issue in the run. One that will be worth every cent down the road, (if paired with a 337). Call it

Edited by Lonzilla

Case and point X-Men 4 Omega Red. There is a dealer who I saw today who just based on me asking for it puts it on his wall. doh!

lol

Did he hang a 'HOT HOT HOT - MOVIE ON THE WAY ONE DAY - CGC AND PGX IT' sign over it?

No, I saw it, but you were close. The sign above it said "TIGHT! TIGHT! TIGHT!"

From Wikipedia -

Harley Quinn from the Batman media appears to suffer from a form of this, having fallen in love with The Joker while working at Arkham Asylum as a psychologist.

Hybristophilia "is a paraphilia of the predatory type in which sexual arousal, facilitation, and attainment of orgasm are responsive to and contingent upon being with a partner known to have committed an outrage, cheating, lying, known infidelities or crime, such as rape, murder, or armed robbery." The term is derived from the Greek word ὑβρίζειν hubrizein, meaning "to commit an outrage against someone" (ultimately derived from ὕβρις hubris "hubris"), and philo, meaning "having a strong affinity/preference for".[1] In popular culture, this phenomenon is also known as "Bonnie and Clyde Syndrome".

All the cheap copies of Swamp Thing #67 on ebay vanished fast

The first few pages are previewed but I do not believe Papa Midnite is shown so his first appearance is still Hellblazer issue 1.

"People were saying this about Junkdrawer and his always hyping HQ and BA 12..."

We have probably beaten this to death, but I am almost certain I remember a mini-buzz back on the ebay boards about BA 12 when I used to post there and I really haven't been active over there since like 2005 or so, so while it was still probably a book you could find in the dollar box, I suspect it might have been a $5-$10 book on ebay sometimes.

Remember, Batman Mad Love was $12 in guide in 2005 and Batman: Harley Quinn was at $9 (when most of the other batman one shots are listed at cover price), so it's not like there wasn't a premium placed on some of the Harley books, it's just that they didn't seem to realize (or care) when her first app was. why her origin would be at 3X cover price and her first app not even broken out is beyond me.

The first few pages are previewed but I do not believe Papa Midnite is shown so his first appearance is still Hellblazer issue 1.

What do you mean "do not believe" . . . he either is or he isn't. :sumo: Geez, do I have to check my copy when I get home. :frustrated:

We have probably beaten this to death, but I am almost certain I remember a mini-buzz back on the ebay boards about BA 12 when I used to post there and I really haven't been active over there since like 2005 or so, so while it was still probably a book you could find in the dollar box, I suspect it might have been a $5-$10 book on ebay sometimes.

BA12 was first broken out in OSG due to Batgirl's app - nothing about Harley . . . :whistle:

What do you mean "do not believe" . . . he either is or he isn't. :sumo: Geez, do I have to check my copy when I get home. :frustrated:

Well if I remember correctly the preview featured the first few pages of the comic and Papa appeared later in issue one of the series. I am digging the issue out today to try and confirm it either way but I see it as an important point. If he appears in the previewed pages of Swamp Thing 67 then I would think sales of issue one of Hellblazer would be negatively affected. People here and elsewhere have stated that its recent spike in value can partially be attributed to Papa's introduction. That should matter to collectors especially considering the announcement that Papa Midnite will play a prominent role on the upcoming show.

Edited by MrWeen

Midnite isn't in the preview.

Mnemoth is though!

It is a sad reality that inquiring about an item shows interest, and interest translates to $$$.

Normal facet of business.

No it's not. It's a normal fact of collectibles, but not business.

Quiet pops, ygogolak and I are talking business. "So how many copies of biclops should I put you down for, 500, 600?"

It is a sad reality that inquiring about an item shows interest, and interest translates to $$$.

Normal facet of business.

No it's not. It's a normal fact of collectibles, but not business.

Quiet pops, ygogolak and I are talking business. "So how many copies of biclops should I put you down for, 500, 600?"

lol, so back to the previous post, when something is in demand you keep charging the same price? Leaving money in the table.