• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

Oh, and what is real lunacy is that Ennis said "oh, no, that baby, that happened to be the result of a demon and an angel, that I into'd in Hellblazer #59-61, oh, no, that's DIFFERENT from the one in Preacher, which also happens to be the result of a demon and an angel."

meh

(shrug) Blame lawyers, not Ennis. Same reason Morrison made it clear in the letters pages of Invisibles that Crazy Jane and Ragged Robin are completely different characters despite any obvious similarities.

just got back from a different LCS in my area, not as good as the prior shop but still got another copy of DCCP #27 (1st Mongul) and this....

Worthless!

:takeit::takeit:

Of course. All early Moore Swamp Thing issues are worthless. Especially 22-24, 27 and 29. :whistle:

The entire Moore run is still such a great read. I remember trying to find his first few issues in the mid 80's and they were quite pricey. Swamp Thing was the 1st book to have secondary market value based solely on the writer

just got back from a different LCS in my area, not as good as the prior shop but still got another copy of DCCP #27 (1st Mongul) and this....

Worthless!

:takeit::takeit:

Of course. All early Moore Swamp Thing issues are worthless. Especially 22-24, 27 and 29. :whistle:

:luhv:

Good - go get a room somewhere, because Justice League of America Annual #2 will never be worth a nickel . . . lol

More for me... :thumbsup:

(shrug) What makes this book special? (shrug)

First appearance: Vibe. Who's been featured in animated movies as well as television shorts. Now he's a recurring character in the upcoming Flash television series. He's also a retconed new 52 member of the Justice League. Since the movies and recent animations seem to be going in the new 52 direction AND WB/DC has been attempting to "diversify" their characters a bit (ala Marvel style with Falcon, Black Panther, etc.)....Vibe keeps coming to the forefront. It's precisely what I said about Cyborg months before there was any announcement of his inclusion in the MOS2 movie and pending JL movie. You can laugh and find it funny six ways to Sunday but it doesn't mean it isn't going to be on the move at some point. DC Presents 26 was a mutt a year ago, now it's a pedigreed showdog.

Thanks, but DCP #26 was never a "mutt". lol

Future pick:

Justice League of America Annual #2

Already had that on my list written down, good pick (thumbs u

We might have to compare notes my friend. :)

Good - go get a room somewhere, because Justice League of America Annual #2 will never be worth a nickel . . . lol

I use to say that about a lot of books, but after Booster Gold I have changed my mind.

I hear ya loud and clear. lol Pullin' my JLAAnn2s tonight . . . :roflmao: (not sure they deserve a Mylar though) :grin:

The current market really warrants selling into the "heat". Look at Spawn #9, recently hot, now cold. :grin:

No kidding.

But blame Marvel for fumbling that ball. They got the market all hopped up about acquiring this character, and then it became a strange ride integrating her into the Marvel Universe.

But it will be interesting over the next few years what they do with her. Or maybe a yawnfest if they just bury her.

I think she still might have a good future, she's been retconned into being the half-sister of Thor and Loki, so if they throw her in that already complicated family dynamic, it could be interesting.

The entire Moore run is still such a great read. I remember trying to find his first few issues in the mid 80's and they were quite pricey. Swamp Thing was the 1st book to have secondary market value based solely on the writer

Yup, I buy them whenever I find them cheap and just horde them. I know I have a bunch of copies of #25 but I just went to look for them and I have no idea where they are.

Except its later confirmed that Constantine was following/spying on Abby prior to the swordfish accident and meeting Jason Blood.

Who "confirmed" it? When? It has been a little while since I read Moore's Swamp Thing, but I don't recall that.

As someone who thoroughly enjoys it when things like BA 12 happen to comics and conventional wisdom is changed by force I just cannot bring myself to believe that the character in that shirt is John Constantine.

Not to mention the expression on his face. When have you ever seen John Constantine look like that?

But I have no idea what your BA 12 reference means.

For some time another comic was believed to be Harley's first appearance. It took a while but collectors eventually realized that BA 12 was her first.

How can anyone say for sure what is going to happen? When I see all these dollar bin books going for insane prices, I have no idea where it could all go. 30-somethings nostalgic for Darkhawk - Check. Wolverine prototype in FOOM 2 pushing that book over $500 - Check. Frickin Star Lord appearances blowing up - Check.

If someone announces that Sleepwalker is about to go into production, I will suppress the urge to laugh and start digging through longboxes.

This is another reason I don't want to sell my collection - as soon as I get rid of something, it becomes hot.

:(

-slym

I'm glad I sold my Foom 2.

Yup, I buy them whenever I find them cheap and just horde them. I know I have a bunch of copies of #25 but I just went to look for them and I have no idea where they are.

Totally agree . . . and I HATE when that happens. lol

How can anyone say for sure what is going to happen? When I see all these dollar bin books going for insane prices, I have no idea where it could all go. 30-somethings nostalgic for Darkhawk - Check. Wolverine prototype in FOOM 2 pushing that book over $500 - Check. Frickin Star Lord appearances blowing up - Check.

If someone announces that Sleepwalker is about to go into production, I will suppress the urge to laugh and start digging through longboxes.

This is another reason I don't want to sell my collection - as soon as I get rid of something, it becomes hot.

:(

-slym

I'm glad I sold my Foom 2.

I'll bet you are! :insane:

Sold my cases of Spawn #9 and put everything into Livewire. :wishluck:

(thumbs u

that book is for real, I sold one of my NM copies for $80 this week, not bad for my $2 investment :)

Found this one tonight . . . :grin::banana::headbang:

7fg7.jpg

9m36.jpg

Sold my cases of Spawn #9 and put everything into Livewire. :wishluck:

(thumbs u

that book is for real, I sold one of my NM copies for $80 this week, not bad for my $2 investment :)

Found this one tonight . . . :grin::banana::headbang:

7fg7.jpg

9m36.jpg

Congrats! Did anyone bring up how Livewire was in a New 52 title this week? :)

Gotta love Craig's List....got these today

Three of those are sooooooo worthless, don't even bother slabbing them. Kevin told me to just buy them raw for the fun of it.

(: