• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

By "as understood by comic collectors" you must be referring to the comic's market value or presence in the narrative otherwise a first appearance should be determined by the definition of the word. Market prices do not concern me in this matter. If I collect all the Livewire appearance then I'm gonna need SA 4 to complete the collection. If I collect Harley Quinn appearances then I need Batman & Robin 1 because half her head is on a poster on the cover. Some people like to argue that an appearance has to happen in the narrative. That's rubbish. If Livewire's image appears in print at the end of SA 4 then that's her first appearance and there's really no debating that until someone finds an earlier image.

Same goes for Foom 2Daredevil 119 & Marvel Premiere 19 ( someone mentioned this the other day )

ASM 359

Preacher Preview

Malibu Sun 1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Malibu-Sun-15-CGC-9-8-NM-M-WildC-A-T-S-Grifter-Pre-Dates-Wildcats-1-/121346545516?pt=US_Comic_Books&hash=item1c40d1576c

and Malibu Sun 13

DC Releases 21

and many others I won't bore people with.

Also I'm not trying to change the market and I am very happy for anyone who makes a dime on this weeks flavor. I really just though it would be interesting to note that she appeared in the previous issue of SA. *edited for length*

I didn't want to say anything but I was the one who predicted that issue is going to be hot. Wait what? What issues are we discussing now? :o

My Omega Red pick is still What if 33. It came out the same month as X-Men 4. Unless X-men 4 is an absolute gem and a newsstand I see no reason to buy it.

Why is What If #33 relevant when every collector already owns a copy of X-Men (Vol. 2) #1, which features a non-story appearance of Omega Red?

So you are saying issue 1 is his first appearance then.

Based on what I've been reading and following, MrWeen seeks out the first time a character appears, even if in an ad or preview.

However, the after market and fandom (with a couple notable exceptions) do not consider these ads and/or previews as the true first appearance. If Omega Red appears in What if 33 in some non-story form, great but it will not be considered the first appearance by the vast majority of comic collectors.

Well if it's annoying then I'll keep doing it! :acclaim:

People here seem to think what they do and say isn't annoying either?

I am not "friends" here with anyone, I don't talk to anyone here, I don't like anyone here. If someone on here knows me, they get my sense of humor. You actually think for one second what I say on the boards is how I am in person?

I am here to make everyone on the board miserable cause these boards are pretty useless and it's filled with overly sensitive basement dwellers who buy SS CGC comics so they can stand in line for 6 hours so they can get a head sketch by the artist they put on a pedestal cause he draws big boobs on Mary Jane / Harley Quinn or some other big breasted female character that isn't real that gets them excited.

How's that? Am I being really annoying now??? Don't like it? Get off the internet and go cry about it.

Quoted for douchey posterity.

Yeah. Maybe Kevin doesn't care about being seen as an a-hole, but he's still being an a-hole, whether he cares or not.

Who would've thought gman would end up looking like the more reasonable of the two? :insane:

Based on what I've been reading and following, MrWeen seeks out the first time a character appears, even if in an ad or preview.

However, the after market and fandom (with a couple notable exceptions) do not consider these ads and/or previews as the true first appearance. If Omega Red appears in What if 33 in some non-story form, great but it will not be considered the first appearance by the vast majority of comic collectors.

You are close.

And these exceptions you speak of are often corrections in the market that take time to take hold but as I have repeatedly stated the market should NOT determine first appearances as it is often slow to correct itself and based on money so it can be manipulated by those who have financial stakes in certain properties.

Having said all that again I must let you know that in What if 33's case it came out at the same time as X-Men 4 and has no add or preview concerning Omega Red unlike X-Men 1. If I acquiesce for a moment and go by the market, X-Men 4 is considered to be Omega Red's first so then should What if 33.

Justice league Adventures 13 (First All Star) no copies remaining, and only ones left are in full sets. I was able to score a nice grade at the LCS and this will be the next Livewire with DC introducing her to 52 this year.

Speaking of X-Factor I think 23 is overlooked as the 1st Archangel, and I never see 9.8s for sale (besides a Stan Lee SS currently on ebay)

Death.png

I agree. X-Factor #23 gets overlooked. I've been grabbing them whenever I see them and just picked up another nice copy yesterday for 50 cents. Overstreet states #23 as Archangel's 1st brief appearance and #24 as his first full appearance.

I'm gettting tired of the inconsistency. I know the cover to #24 would make a much better 1st appearance book, but Archangel appears in 7 panels in X-Factor #23. How is that not a 1st appearance? If Darkseid can have a 1st appearance as a single headshot on a television screen or Killer Croc's 1st appearance is a 2-panel appearance of a man in a trenchcoat then why isn't a 7 panel appearance in costume a 1st appearance book?

14304818453_3e2c1ddae1_b.jpg

14097973569_419898ed67_b.jpg

Killer Croc's 1st appearance in Batman #357... :facepalm:

batman3572.jpg

I am not "friends" here with anyone, I don't talk to anyone here, I don't like anyone here. If someone on here knows me, they get my sense of humor. You actually think for one second what I say on the boards is how I am in person?

I am here to make everyone on the board miserable cause these boards are pretty useless and it's filled with overly sensitive basement dwellers who buy SS CGC comics so they can stand in line for 6 hours so they can get a head sketch by the artist they put on a pedestal cause he draws big boobs on Mary Jane / Harley Quinn or some other big breasted female character that isn't real that gets them excited.

How's that? Am I being really annoying now??? Don't like it? Get off the internet and go cry about it.

You.. are....AWESOME!

:shrug: anybody know why this book commands this price? There is/was a VF copy listed on MCS for over $20.

The copy on MCS is a consignment, seems crazy at first, but then that NM copy sells for $50 so it doesnt seem too out of line. Completed sales on ebay and MCS consistantly show this book in the $10-20 range.... Looks like a Dollar box book to me... so yeah.. whats up with it?

Justice league Adventures 13 (First All Star) no copies remaining, and only ones left are in full sets. I was able to score a nice grade at the LCS and this will be the next Livewire with DC introducing her to 52 this year.

I can't tell if this post is supposed to be serious or a joke.

Quite certain he is serious. Most copies online have been gobbled up.

DC is about to go on a rampage introducing new female characters to thier new 52 because.... they sell comics.

With all the speculation going around these days, I dont see how you couldnt understand.

Nobody wants to miss out on the next Harley... prices will increase and spike and then settle until people see how these characters are used.

It doesnt have to make sense, other than understanding the common thought that :" hey this book could be worth Harley type money later on, I want one and im willing to pay $20, 30, or even 50 bucks just in case"

It may seem silly, but that is whats going on.

You.. are....AWESOME!

I was thinking the same thing. I figure Kevin will tell me I'm a basement dweller too since I am having trouble understanding the glory that is Kevin, at which point I will tell him I don't care what the FUKK he thinks because he's not my friend. :wishluck:

He does seem to think it's a matter of personal pride that he's no one's friend on the boards. Some of us, on the other hand, have made friends on the boards. I do take some pride in that :)

Quite certain he is serious. Most copies online have been gobbled up.

DC is about to go on a rampage introducing new female characters to thier new 52 because.... they sell comics.

With all the speculation going around these days, I dont see how you couldnt understand.

Nobody wants to miss out on the next Harley... prices will increase and spike and then settle until people see how these characters are used.

It doesnt have to make sense, other than understanding the common thought that :" hey this book could be worth Harley type money later on, I want one and im willing to pay $20, 30, or even 50 bucks just in case"

It may seem silly, but that is whats going on.

The only problems I have with All-Star are her name, costume and lack of appearances. At least Livewire has been in more that one comic.

The only problems I have with All-Star are her name, costume and lack of appearances. At least Livewire has been in more that one comic.

Bingo!

Hard to compare her anywhere close to even Livewire when she only has one lonely appearance.

That's the beauty of why this comic is the perfect storm, she's coming to New 52 this year, and as long as it is also not a single issue, this will be the must have book if the character is incorporated into a team. DC is taking the reigns with female heroes & villains and it is paying off.

Edited by Zack1973