• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

Can't find that book out in the wild at all, I've found the 49 but not the the 50

Sweet. I picked up a run of #37 until the end a couple of months back and was not aware that any other issues were worth more than a few dollars.

(Courtesy of Bosco) Swampy 53 also appears to be heating up :grin:

whats special about Swamp Thing 53?

Can't find that book out in the wild at all, I've found the 49 but not the the 50

Sweet. I picked up a run of #37 until the end a couple of months back and was not aware that any other issues were worth more than a few dollars.

Batman App, Arkham Asylum story, Cool cover

Watch for Swamp Thing 52 to possibly heat up along with this, Joker Appearance.

Possibly the greatest 2 issues in the copper age 2c

How is Copper's correct and Coppers not? Is the title supposed to be that "Copper is heating/selling well on eBay" or that "Coppers (copper comics) "that are" heating/selling on Ebay? If it's the first, then I understand, but I always assumed it was the latter. :)

It's supposed to be "Coppers (that are) heating/selling well on eBay"

The apostrophe is superfluous.

"Copper's (that is, Copper is) heating/selling well on eBay" would just be a declarative statement about the general state of the Copper Age market, without discussing individual books.

Minutiae.

:cloud9:

You guys are killing me with this. :P

Edited by Fastballspecial

I can find the 50 just not a 49. I think I have sold around 6 or 7 copies of 50, but the 49 continues to elude me.

Figures I sell a lot of nice copies at $20-25 each then I get down to my last copy or two and the price doubles. doh!

Edited by Fastballspecial

Infinity Gauntlet #1.

I have had good sales of $205 and $220 on this book but then there was a sudden flurry of them listed below $200 but it should tick back up.

these prices are for cgc 9.8

Edited by ZaCrew

How is Copper's correct and Coppers not? Is the title supposed to be that "Copper is heating/selling well on eBay" or that "Coppers (copper comics) "that are" heating/selling on Ebay? If it's the first, then I understand, but I always assumed it was the latter. :)

"Copper's (that is, Copper is) heating/selling well on eBay" would just be a declarative statement about the general state of the Copper Age market, without discussing individual books.

Minutiae.

Correct use of punctuation can be annoying.

Minutiae.

Or is incorrect use of punctuation can be annoying? :baiting:

My mom was a grammar teacher so I got hammered with proper grammar etiquette growing up. Some of it stuck - one of my pet peeves is the misuse of your and you're; their, there, and they're; to and too; and so on.

Not to say I don't make those mistakes myself and auto-correct nowadays doesn't help but I try to watch it because I think she is still looking over my shoulder lol

And I never understood why the heck we were taught how to diagram a sentence. Someone's cruel joke who couldn't quite make it as a mathematician and ended up as an English professor, maybe :tonofbricks:

And to bring the thread back around - I still can't believe how some of these books are fetching such crazy prices. I no longer try to keep up. More power to the sellers and luck to the buyers that some of those comics may actually retain some value.

Minutiae.

Or is incorrect use of punctuation can be annoying? :baiting:

My mom was a grammar teacher so I got hammered with proper grammar etiquette growing up. Some of it stuck - one of my pet peeves is the misuse of your and you're; their, there, and they're; to and too; and so on.

Not to say I don't make those mistakes myself and auto-correct nowadays doesn't help but I try to watch it because I think she is still looking over my shoulder lol

And I never understood why the heck we were taught how to diagram a sentence. Someone's cruel joke who couldn't quite make it as a mathematician and ended up as an English professor, maybe :tonofbricks:

And to bring the thread back around - I still can't believe how some of these books are fetching such crazy prices. I no longer try to keep up. More power to the sellers and luck to the buyers that some of those comics may actually retain some value.

I agree with all you've posted. I simply meant that the corrections annoyed some who don't see the value in them.

fyi Some recent Copper sales of mine from ebay -

DC Spotlight no.1 NM = £11.50 / $18

Gotham City Sirens no.1-26 complete run VF/NM = £88.56 / $138

Swamp Thing no.21-64 nr complete AM run with 37 (3 missing) FN-NM = £102.00 / $159.12

DC Comics Presents no.49 & no.51 NM = £27.00 / $42

Sandman no.1 NM = £57.81 / $89

Mad Love NM- = £47.00 / $73

Batman Adventures Ann 1 NM+ = £11.05 / $17

ASM no.299 NM- = £30.00 / $47

ASM no.300 NM = £78.00 / $122

ASM no.301 NM- = £18.00 / $28

DD no.168 VF/NM = £34.33 / $56

Omega Men no.3 NM+ = £26.55 / $41

all raw

well its all first appearances lately as #21 isn't technically a first appearance although it almost is with the radical new direction the book took. I dunno, I get that people want first appearances right now but a 30 year old mega classic ought to be an exception, no? (shrug)

well its all first appearances lately as #21 isn't technically a first appearance although it almost is with the radical new direction the book took. I dunno, I get that people want first appearances right now but a 30 year old mega classic ought to be an exception, no? (shrug)

Seriously SW21 is the best single comic I've ever read. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

fyi Some recent Copper sales of mine from ebay -

DC Spotlight no.1 NM = £11.50 / $18

Gotham City Sirens no.1-26 complete run VF/NM = £88.56 / $138

Swamp Thing no.21-64 nr complete AM run with 37 (3 missing) FN-NM = £102.00 / $159.12

DC Comics Presents no.49 & no.51 NM = £27.00 / $42

Sandman no.1 NM = £57.81 / $89

Mad Love NM- = £47.00 / $73

Batman Adventures Ann 1 NM+ = £11.05 / $17

ASM no.299 NM- = £30.00 / $47

ASM no.300 NM = £78.00 / $122

ASM no.301 NM- = £18.00 / $28

DD no.168 VF/NM = £34.33 / $56

Omega Men no.3 NM+ = £26.55 / $41

all raw

All good sales. (thumbs u Great work. :applause:

Seriously SW21 is the best single comic I've ever read. I recommend it to anyone and everyone.

The best single comic I ever read was Popeye 326. He eats some tainted spinach and goes on a hallucinogenic murderous rampage that makes your average Tarantino film look like an animated Disney movie.

The best single comic I ever read was Popeye 326. He eats some tainted spinach and goes on a hallucinogenic murderous rampage that makes your average Tarantino film look like an animated Disney movie.

Haha, nooooooooo...

If this is true, I have to get one....