• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,855 posts in this topic

The analogy being that the market will determine what value is assigned. There may be times where savvy collectors can take advantage and buy, or sell before price moves.

Yup. This is an ultimate truth, no matter how passionate people's individual views are. (thumbs u

So....how many panels is needed for it to go from "cameo" to "first appearance"? (shrug)

one

773c58eb2bcd9b1b54c74e4f265a701d.jpg

If we go with that as the rule for all books then DD #115 has a shot at first Wolverine for the one pic in the ad. lol

DD#115 was before IH#181, but not IH#180.

:)

-slym

And even if it wasn't, most people don't recognize supplemental material (ads, pin ups, previews, sketches, etc.) as valid "appearances"; that requires appearing in-story

This buyer thought otherwise

So....how many panels is needed for it to go from "cameo" to "first appearance"? (shrug)

one

773c58eb2bcd9b1b54c74e4f265a701d.jpg

If we go with that as the rule for all books then DD #115 has a shot at first Wolverine for the one pic in the ad. lol

DD#115 was before IH#181, but not IH#180.

:)

-slym

And even if it wasn't, most people don't recognize supplemental material (ads, pin ups, previews, sketches, etc.) as valid "appearances"; that requires appearing in-story

This buyer thought otherwise

We don't know why the buyer chose to buy the book. Either way, it's still true that most people aren't sold on the idea

We don't know why the buyer chose to buy the book.

So true - it's a beautiful Steranko Hulk cover, it's a 9.8, and it's signed by the master himself - What's not to like? (screw the wolvie prototype) Never mind the killer Ploog Frankie back cover. :gossip:

The analogy being that the market will determine what value is assigned. There may be times where savvy collectors can take advantage and buy, or sell before price moves.

Yup. This is an ultimate truth, no matter how passionate people's individual views are. (thumbs u

I agree as well. It doesn't explain what is or is not the first appearance of a character but it does explain which issue people will gravitate to and buy. That's why Hulk 181 is the money book but not the first time we see Wolvie

Now it's time to debate the 1st true Psylocke appearance that all the cos players dress up as.

The English version?

psylocke1.gif

no.gif

The Asian version?

cUncannyXmen256.png

:headbang:

Full Disclaimer: I own a New Mutants Annual #2 but not a Captain Britain #8

I love X-Men #256-258. Classic, classic Jim Lee X-Men, wildly undervalued.

Interesting analogy to baseball cards.

Steve Garvey's rookie is 1969 if memory serves. His second card was part of the last series, a high number, and thus short printed. While I was more active in that hobby the 2nd year card was priced higher than his rookie b/c of the scarcity.

Same with Brett Favre and 1991 and 92 Stadium Club cards.

When the football cards for 1989 were released, Pro Set and Score joined Topps. For six months or more, the prices were the same. However once people realized that Pro Set was sold in grocery stores, and Score was drying up the prices changed so that Score was roughly six times as valuable.

'89 Score Barry Sanders... :luhv:

#256 is somewhat difficult to find in 9.8 with a nice wrap, etc., etc.

I've been looking for quite some time. I always get outbid on the nice ones...

Agreed, I had a small stack and I don't think any did not have the cover coming around to the front.

what about new mutants annual? is that non-asian version?

Captain Britain 8 is first Betsy Braddock

New mutants annual 2 is first Psylocke (where she takes the name)

Xmen 256 is first 'New Psylocke' aka 'Asian Psylocke' which is the psylocke most of us know now.

what about new mutants annual? is that non-asian version?

Captain Britain 8 is first Betsy Braddock

New mutants annual 2 is first Psylocke (where she takes the name)

Xmen 256 is first 'New Psylocke' aka 'Asian Psylocke' which is the psylocke most of us know now.

^^