• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,853 posts in this topic

All I know is around my neck of the woods NM 87 was a 60 + dollar book in NM raw right after the release. If anyone says otherwise it may be true may be false it doesn't really matter. OVG was and still is behind the times no matter internet feedboack now versus then. The book was hard to find and still is in high grade. NM 98 wasn't until about 7-10 months ago when movie news went from rumor to official and that is a fact.

Take it to the bank ya'll. :sumo:

Question - did you actually ever hear of or see a sale at that price?

All I know is around my neck of the woods NM 87 was a 60 + dollar book in NM raw right after the release. If anyone says otherwise it may be true may be false it doesn't really matter. OVG was and still is behind the times no matter internet feedboack now versus then. The book was hard to find and still is in high grade. NM 98 wasn't until about 7-10 months ago when movie news went from rumor to official and that is a fact.

Take it to the bank ya'll. :sumo:

That's what I said.

6791360089_17c1bc41d2_z.jpg

That's what I said.

6791360089_17c1bc41d2_z.jpg

lol

I had to look that up, as I figured you were quoting a jingle.

:foryou:

Thanks for confirming. I asked just to clarify. I didn't see the book that high immediately. But I'm not shocked if this was happening rather quickly.

I do a lot of trading with different LCS owners..... and NM 87, 98, and X-Men 266 have always been "cash only" books that they won't trade....... at least the real pretty ones. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I do a lot of trading with different LCS owners..... and NM 87, 98, and X-Men 266 have always been "cash only" books that they won't trade....... at least the real pretty ones. GOD BLESS...

Interesting as I haven't seen but 2 copies of x-men 266 in lcs around here in the last 10 years. It probably has but gets snatched up fast.

When I stopped by Dave's last year asking if they had any of the key books, the only thing they had in the warehouse was Swamp Thing #37. And that one was not something they were moving quickly to go find at the time.

Interesting as I haven't seen but 2 copies of x-men 266 in lcs around here in the last 10 years. It probably has but gets snatched up fast.

There may be want lists in place from your LCS patrons that gets them first take on any that make it into the store.

It was a $50 wall book where I lived prior to the release of X-Force #1.

This was for a NM copy.

I owned a VF copy, because that was all my 14 year old self could buy, lol .

Reed, when you share prior to the release do you mean right before, or for a little while?

For a while.

But this is just going off of my memory. I do NOT have any "proof", lol ...

I shopped in the Louisville, KY market back then, and the store had a ton of traffic going in and out on a daily basis.

Your sharing is solid with me!

:foryou:

:whee:

My parents bought me a 4.0 IH #181 for $50 at this same time, so that gives you a bit of a comparison.

Loving parents!

:cloud9:

It was a $50 wall book where I lived prior to the release of X-Force #1.

This was for a NM copy.

I owned a VF copy, because that was all my 14 year old self could buy, lol .

i sold a copy of NM #87 back to my LCS for $40; that had to have been w/in months of its release.

I remember when Hawk & Dove came out and seeing that cover thinking its Art Adams, I bought it immediately without thinking, next month everyone was talking about that book and this new artist. the next big liefeld book was What If #7.. When it got to NM85/86 Rob was already the new "new kid on the block" (fresh soon after Mcfarlane) and then everything else followed