• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,818 posts in this topic

X-Tinction Agenda advertisement leading up to its release.

JU0hrNL.png

Wolverine as the attention-grab for Uncanny X-Men.

1. Uncanny X-Men #270 (November 1990)

4. Uncanny X-Men #271 (December 1990)

7. Uncanny X-Men #272 (January 1991)

Cable as the attention-grab for New Mutants.

2. New Mutants #95 (November 1990)

5. New Mutants #96 (December 1990)

8. New Mutants #97 (January 1991)

Archangel as the attention-grab for X-Factor.

3. X-Factor #60 (November 1990)

6. X-Factor #61 (December 1990)

9. X-Factor #62 (January 1991)

That is awesome. I want a poster of it, lol .

X-Tinction Agenda advertisement leading up to its release.

JU0hrNL.png

Wolverine as the attention-grab for Uncanny X-Men.

1. Uncanny X-Men #270 (November 1990)

4. Uncanny X-Men #271 (December 1990)

7. Uncanny X-Men #272 (January 1991)

Cable as the attention-grab for New Mutants.

2. New Mutants #95 (November 1990)

5. New Mutants #96 (December 1990)

8. New Mutants #97 (January 1991)

Archangel as the attention-grab for X-Factor.

3. X-Factor #60 (November 1990)

6. X-Factor #61 (December 1990)

9. X-Factor #62 (January 1991)

Nick, the brick wall background was the inspiration I used for my convention

brick background in '91-'95 . I really pissed off a lot of the crowd of older dealers

at our Houston Con, a 3 day show at the end of January by selling new books

on my wall. As standard fare, only gold and silverage were on display, and folks

that wanted new issues were left to either go back to comic book shops or to

dig through boxes on the floor under tables. I put ALL of the X-tinction Agenda

and Fall Of the Mutants issues on the wall @ $ 5.00 each, and sold dozens of

copies each. I actually sold a New Mutants trio, was under the table pulling another

set, and when I stood up, I had a customer holding out cash for the next set.

Quite the fun.

Man, I loved that What If? series as well.

I did too that's why I loved Exiles. Check it out sometimes. They visit all types of

What If Worlds.

Oh, sweet!

I never read those, but I think it has Blink in it, correct?

Yes Blink is in the entire run.

Yeah the storylines run from 2 to 5 issues each. Some are old What If worlds and many are new ones. Some are laughable while others one in particular Iron Man and the Inhumans was legendary.

They switch characters out over the years and Winnick left after awhile, but until around issue 80 I thought the series was great. The Hyperion storyline as well as Proteus storyline were very good as well.

Nick, the brick wall background was the inspiration I used for my convention brick background in '91-'95 . I really pissed off a lot of the crowd of older dealers

at our Houston Con, a 3 day show at the end of January by selling new books

on my wall. As standard fare, only gold and silverage were on display, and folks

that wanted new issues were left to either go back to comic book shops or to

dig through boxes on the floor under tables. I put ALL of the X-tinction Agenda

and Fall Of the Mutants issues on the wall @ $ 5.00 each, and sold dozens of

copies each. I actually sold a New Mutants trio, was under the table pulling another

set, and when I stood up, I had a customer holding out cash for the next set.

Quite the fun.

Thanks for sharing, Phil.

It is incredible what those books sold for, and how fast they crashed afterwards.

So, you see, it's not reasonable to conclude that anyone was asking...much less actually selling...New Mutants #87 for $25 or $60 in April or May of 1990, despite your protestations to the contrary.

New Mutants #87 was a "legit" $50--$100 wall book by December 1990 despite what the guides & various updates had it listed for.

My shop opened February 1st 1990 & New Mutants #87 was "THE" first Christmas list item for my shop.

Everybody wanted this book.

I was selling them for $50.

A shop twenty miles away called & asked WHY I was selling NM #87 for $50.

He claimed to be charging $100.

It was the first time another retailer called me.

Earlier that year September / October in Boston at Fred Greenbergs show, a NY dealer ( Brad? big, boisterous ) bought a table & brought nothing but a briefcase full of cash.

He put a BUYING New Mutants #87 $25ea sign on his table.

Dealers lined up & sold their copies at $25. I sold him the few dozen I brought.

I was absolutely thrilled.

When the show opened he lined all the copies in the room on his table for $50 & sold most of them.

It was epic.

After the dust settled, I remember dealers picking my brain asking what made me buy so many New Mutants #87 in the first place. It was a mess selling X book with lousy art in their opinion. Why buy it? They couldn't figure it out.

The answer was easy.

Rob Liefeld's final panel of New Mutants #86 got me so excited for the new character I spent a month prebuying copies from CBG.& prepaying at shops...

I didn't have a Diamond account at the time.

New Mutants #87 paid for one though.

Edited by LarrysComics

So, you see, it's not reasonable to conclude that anyone was asking...much less actually selling...New Mutants #87 for $25 or $60 in April or May of 1990, despite your protestations to the contrary.

New Mutants #87 was a "legit" $50--$100 wall book by December 1990 despite what the guides & various updates had it listed for.

My shop opened February 1st 1990 & New Mutants #87 was "THE" first Christmas list item for my shop.

Everybody wanted this book.

I was selling them for $50.

A shop twenty miles away called & asked WHY I was selling NM #87 for $50.

He claimed to be charging $100.

It was the first time another retailer called me.

Earlier that year September / October in Boston at Fred Greenbergs show, a NY dealer ( Brad? big, boisterous ) bought a table & brought nothing but a briefcase full of cash.

He put a BUYING New Mutants #87 $25ea sign on his table.

Dealers lined up & sold their copies at $25. I sold him the few dozen I brought.

I was absolutely thrilled.

When the show opened he lined all the copies in the room on his table for $50 & sold most of them.

It was epic.

After the dust settled, I remember dealers picking my brain asking what made me buy so many New Mutants #87 in the first place. It was a mess selling X book with lousy art in their opinion. Why buy it? They couldn't figure it out.

The answer was easy.

Rob Liefeld's final panel of New Mutants #86 got me so excited for the new character I spent a month prebuying copies from CBG.& prepaying at shops...

I didn't have a Diamond account at the time.

New Mutants #87 paid for one though.

Good stuff here. :golfclap:

Haven't seen you post in a while, Larry.

Welcome back to the boards.

Ummmm...ahhhhhh...is that a question? No actually my name is Jason and in real life I'm a regular Joe. On the forums I'm a bit a jerk...but so are most people. Honestly though? It's just a forum..I don't really get as bent as it seems :)

Its not just a forum to us many of us know each other on a personal level. We are a community here, so being a jerk will get you nowhere here.

X-Tinction Agenda was one of my favorite early comic collecting stories, right up there with Batman: Year 3.

I thought it fell apart at the very end but the lead-up, including the Wolverine/Cable fight in NM 93-94, was awesome.