• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

So, should I try and sell my Copper X-Men there, or here?

hm

???

-slym

I thought you were submitting most of the key books to CGC? If not, sell them here and let collectors decide whether they submit these or not. Then that is less of an investment on your part.

hm

???

The question should be do you care if you sell them? If not sell, if so keep.

I am selling them, not planning on keeping them. I need to the money to move out and "start over." So, and this isn't a slight to anyone here, but if I can maximize profit by selling them on eBay v/s here, I'd rather do that.

:shrug:

-slym

hm

???

I thought you were submitting most of the key books to CGC? If not, sell them here and let collectors decide whether they submit these or not. Then that is less of an investment on your part.

That is correct, some of the keys are going to be subbed to CGC. But still, I am talking about maximizing my profit. I don't want to be seen as a money-grubber, but if I can sell these Copper books there for more $, then why shouldn't I?

And yes, I know the upside to selling here v/s eBay - hence my question. Like, if I sell a $50 book (per OSPG) and discount it 10% for you guys, but since (as the title of this thread hints) that "Copper is really heating up on eBay," then maybe I can get more than OSPG price for it there, which can (key word, "can" but not "will") make up for the 20% loss that eBay & PayPal combined will take.

I am only looking for opinions folks, not an argument.

:(

-slym

hm

???

That is correct, some of the keys are going to be subbed to CGC. But still, I am talking about maximizing my profit. I don't want to be seen as a money-grubber, but if I can sell these Copper books there for more $, then why shouldn't I?

And yes, I know the upside to selling here v/s eBay - hence my question. Like, if I sell a $50 book (per OSPG) and discount it 10% for you guys, but since (as the title of this thread hints) that "Copper is really heating up on eBay," then maybe I can get more than OSPG price for it there, which can (key word, "can" but not "will") make up for the 20% loss that eBay & PayPal combined will take.

-slym

Who is arguing with you? So far, I've seen questions to understand your approach.

(shrug)

hm

???

-slym

Could always try here first, and if unsuccessful switch to ebay.

hm

???

-slym

Well you can almost guarantee more money on ebay, a much bigger pool of buyers......good luck my friend.

Who is arguing with you? So far, I've seen questions to understand your approach.

(shrug)

Poor word-choice on my part. I apologise.

But I will say, grading books has nothing to do with my question.

:foryou:

-slym

Could always try here first, and if unsuccessful switch to ebay.

That's my normal MO nowadays, but that isn't answering my question. I don't want to "leave money on the table" by selling here if I can get a higher potential profit from eBay.

A guess a better question is, are Copper X-Men "hot" on eBay right now?

-slym

(shrug)

-slym

But it does factor in when it comes to pulling out the key books and selling the rest.

1) If you are going to pull out the key books so those can be submitted into CGC, and sell the rest raw, don't count on anything close to Overstreet for the non-keys. It is only going to happen if someone is missing that issue in a given grade.

2) If you are going to sell these in small lots, and mix in some of the key appearances, then we are talking about a different approach. Especially with books like UXM 266 and 268 in 9.4 or better condition, collectors/investors are going to pay more.

3) If you are going to sell these in small lots, and mix in slabbed key books once you get these back, then even better for your selling potential.

;)

As far as copper goes, I am only having 266 graded. The rest, IDK if I am going the single-issue route, 5-issue lots, 10-issue lots, etc.

And I checked, OSPG has 267 & 268 at a pretty good price, but eBay doesn't say the same right now. At least as far back as their "sold auctions" function will show.

-slym

That's the reality. Copper X-men print runs are all low to mid six figures, and then we all know what happened in the 90s. Every copper collection has X-Men. I highly doubt there is going to be much difference, but I would go Ebay for the larger audience and the quicker sale. Too many collectors on here either have them, or don't want them.

And I checked, OSPG has 267 & 268 at a pretty good price, but eBay doesn't say the same right now. At least as far back as their "sold auctions" function will show.

-slym

Unless they are 9.8's those are $2 books at best.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks!

That's the reality. Copper X-men print runs are all low to mid six figures, and then we all know what happened in the 90s. Every copper collection has X-Men. I highly doubt there is going to be much difference, but I would go Ebay for the larger audience and the quicker sale. Too many collectors on here either have them, or don't want them.

Thank you, that seems to be very sound advice.

(thumbs u

-slym

(shrug)

-slym

But it does factor in when it comes to pulling out the key books and selling the rest.

1) If you are going to pull out the key books so those can be submitted into CGC, and sell the rest raw, don't count on anything close to Overstreet for the non-keys. It is only going to happen if someone is missing that issue in a given grade.

2) If you are going to sell these in small lots, and mix in some of the key appearances, then we are talking about a different approach. Especially with books like UXM 266 and 268 in 9.4 or better condition, collectors/investors are going to pay more.

3) If you are going to sell these in small lots, and mix in slabbed key books once you get these back, then even better for your selling potential.

;)

Yes, because this wasn't sensible advice.

doh!

-slym

I think if these books are listed as 9.4 or better, and the seller is credible with their grading, they would sell for $5 each. Especially 268.

It just can't be a listing with VF-NM as a grade, or someone that posts "I am not a professional grader" as that tosses the excitement factor out the window.

-slym

I think if these books are listed as 9.4 or better, and the seller is credible with their grading, they would sell for $5 each. Especially 268.

It just can't be a listing with VF-NM as a grade, or someone that posts "I am not a professional grader" as that tosses the excitement factor out the window.

When I liquidated all my game used and autographed sports cards back in 2005, I put that in every auction. I facepalm myself. :facepalm:

We learn as we go along.

I was going to bid on an Amazing Spider-Man book last year that the seller listed as amazingly clean and like-new. But then he inserted that comment in the listing, and took it a step further by stating the inside of the book may have defects he didn't know enough to identify in advance, and that there would be no returns.

Talked me right out of the bidding process.

:facepalm: