• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Copper's Heating/Selling Well on Ebay
33 33

18,856 posts in this topic

You know, if JLE 6 is popping because of Crimson Fox - which was an INTENDED joke character - I should just go through every Bronze and Copper and just buy any first appearances of any character. Even the insufficiently_thoughtful_person ones might pop at this point. hm

I'm waiting for that big Scalphunter revival/TV show/movie

Goooooo LADY COP!

:D

Did you abduct Kieth and force him to sign? Isn't he a tough one?

Very tough. He only signed a handful of times in 2013.

I wish the Kieth stuff would pick up. I have a sick fetish for Kieth books. I keep on buying them if they are cheap even though they remain worthless. Criminey, I buy copies of Manhunter 1

:o

Wow.

You know, I thought I knew every single Sam Kieth book from 1983-2000 or thereabouts. Even the really obscure ones, like Blood of Dracula #3 from Apple Comics and Target: Airboy, and Cadillacs & Dinosaurs: Man-Eater #1-3. Did everyone know, for instance, that he inked Mage: The Hero Discovered #6-15?

Even books like "Secret Origins Special #1", where he just did some interior art.

I stand here completely flummoxed that I did not realize that Manhunter #1 was a Sam Kieth book. And I own multiple copies!

Wow.

That's kinda cool!

Coppers heating up, indeed!

I am going to guess RMA isn't big on registry set stuff because I think he is also a kieth slab acquirer.

I have a registry. I don't have all my books listed. :)

I don't know if there's anyone with more Kieth SS books than I, though the store owner that had the signing in 2013 (from whence the Venom books came) might have more.

I've got about 50, had about 65.

you know, i was trying to get us back on track nicely..

daredevil 181

yes, it still does not sell for guide raw, but I have gotten $35+ for really nice copies the last 3 times I sold them in the last 6-8 months via fixed price listings on best offers. yes, i know there are a lot of auctions that don't do great on that book, but i suspect many are not quite tip top shape. anyway, just based on my personal experience.

regretting a bit sticking 10-15 9.6-9.8 potential copies in various grab bags over the years and getting about 1/3 guide for them as a result.

pWYReekqQW72U.gif

Thinking back to all the books sold before the market jumped.

Hey blob, eBay just dropped a 1,000 free listings offer on me, first one they've offered over the usual 50 per month since mid-January.

Just in time to keep several dozen of my listings from going poof since they were approaching 60 days old and I wasn't going to pay the $.30 per listing fee otherwise.

Hey blob, eBay just dropped a 1,000 free listings offer on me, first one they've offered over the usual 50 per month since mid-January.

Just in time to keep several dozen of my listings from going poof since they were approaching 60 days old and I wasn't going to pay the $.30 per listing fee otherwise.

yeah, i haven't gotten one in a bit. irritating because i have like 100 scans ready to go, but need a fire lit under my rear to get them up. i think they are reading my mind and know I am considering just saying "f-it" and opening a store again. they really want my $19.95 i guess.

I stand here completely flummoxed that I did not realize that Manhunter #1 was a Sam Kieth book. And I own multiple copies!

Wow.

That's kinda cool!

---

His name is on the cover. I'm not a super sleuth or anything. It doesn't look like his later matured style, but none of these guys ever really do other than maybe Byrne.

yeah, i haven't gotten one in a bit. irritating because i have like 100 scans ready to go, but need a fire lit under my rear to get them up. i think they are reading my mind and know I am considering just saying "f-it" and opening a store again. they really want my $19.95 i guess.

I received the same offer, but it didn't come in an email like the others did. I was checking out the bottom of my Selling page to see how many listings I had left this month and saw the 1,000 listing there with a "Get Offer" button.

Quickly relisted all of my items which ended.

I received the same offer, but it didn't come in an email like the others did. I was checking out the bottom of my Selling page to see how many listings I had left this month and saw the 1,000 listing there with a "Get Offer" button.

Quickly relisted all of my items which ended.

I've noticed in the past that the e-mail notice trails it showing up on your selling platform by a day or so.

Comics are good for the offer I received - here are the restrictions in the small print

•The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses.

Check the fine print. It was for "Collectibles" but no the comic-y kind. At least my offer.

Here are the exclusions for mine:

"The following categories are excluded: eBay Motors Passenger Vehicles, Motorcycles, Boats, Power Sports, Other Vehicles, Motors Local Market, Real Estate, Classified Ad listings, Heavy Equipment, Concession Trailers & Carts, Imaging & Aesthetics Equipment, and Commercial Printing Presses."

This one also allowed Re-lists, which previous ones did not.

Goooooo LADY COP!

Have you ever read that issue of First Issue Special by the way? It's one of the most gritty 70s comics ever published and based (lifted?) on a horrible true crime story out of the Chicago-area.

I've started recommending this comic to people, just like I do Combat Kelly #9.

Goooooo LADY COP!

Have you ever read that issue of First Issue Special by the way? It's one of the most gritty 70s comics ever published and based (lifted?) on a horrible true crime story out of the Chicago-area.

I've started recommending this comic to people, just like I do Combat Kelly #9.

What's going on with Combat Kelly 9?

nah, ebay does not love me this week, no free listings for me

Keep your chin up . . . I've had these arrive 2-3 days into the offer. eBay is not known for its ______________ (fill in the blank). lol

nah, ebay does not love me this week, no free listings for me

Keep your chin up . . . I've had these arrive 2-3 days into the offer. eBay is not known for its ______________ (fill in the blank). lol

ebay DOES love me, it just came in!