• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jla 1 cgc 9.2 $35K ???!!!!!!!!!!

52 posts in this topic

i know this is a tough silver age key, but $35K???!!! just listed on comiclink

put down the pipe!

notably , a 9.4 of this books is comin to comcilink soon, wonder what the ask price on that will be??

Well, let's see, a much nicer 9.2 copy of JLA 1 sold on Heritage in April for $27,600, including BP. So you all can be the judge on the asking price for Comiclink's copy.

As for the advertised 9.4 copy coming soon, who knows? If the seller sees this listing, they'll probably ask for 2X or more of this price! insane.gif

I like the JLA but for a number one issue that cover is just plain silly.The only way they could have made it worst was if they had a thought bubble from the Flash that said "I hope Wonder Woman doesn't smell the air biscut I just floated, shouldn't have ate that curried tuna fish sandwich".

$35K, no thank you.

i know this is a tough silver age key, but $35K???!!! just listed on comiclink

put down the pipe!

notably , a 9.4 of this books is comin to comcilink soon, wonder what the ask price on that will be??

Well, let's see, a much nicer 9.2 copy of JLA 1 sold on Heritage in April for $27,600, including BP. So you all can be the judge on the asking price for Comiclink's copy.

As for the advertised 9.4 copy coming soon, who knows? If the seller sees this listing, they'll probably ask for 2X or more of this price! insane.gif

That Heritage one is a fantastic book.

cloud9.gif

I like the JLA but for a number one issue that cover is just plain silly.

$35K, no thank you.

NO WAY!!

That cover is clasic Murphy Anderson,...how can you not like that?? 893frustrated.gif

The art is fine but the whole premise of a chess game and JLA members disappearing at the table because some fish face rooked the Flash's Queen is just dumb. Hard to get excited about the book when you look at the cover. For me too many SA DC's (and GA one's come to think of it) were just filled with dumb covers. I firmly believe that this is a key reason why they ate Marvel's dust in the 60's. BA is a different story.

Sure, from an adult perspective they may be dumb covers but they were aimed at 5 -10 year olds after all. And you have to love that clean 1960s DC style confused-smiley-013.gif

Your right, at that age I was nuts over Superboy, Superman, Justice League, Green Lantern, Atom and Metamorpho. At the time....I found the Marvel stuff harder to read....from what I can remember. But, I did grow out of DC's when I got older. So, I'm sure they were targeting a younger audience with their comics.

So, how much is my restored VF JLA #1 worth. grin.gif

sure, $28 to 30k for a super nice 9.2 like the one heritage sold but $35 for the weak 9.2 on comiclink is a bit of a stretch

Hell, I thought even $27K for the Heritage 9.2 was pretty amazing, let alone the kind of numbers you guys are throwing around!

We sold a CGC 9.2 of JLA#1 last year for $12,500

At Metropolis, we tend to price our books for those who are not mentally ill. 27k for 35k is silly. There are some really nice JLA #1's out there.

Stephen

Great, please put me down for $12,500 for the next CGC 9.2 JLA #1 that you obtain.

It was on our site. All ya' have to do is look.

Steve

That`s my point, Steve. That was last year. Bob Storms also sold a copy in that price range last year (or maybe the year before, my memory`s not so good). Are you really going to price the next one you get at $12,500 after seeing the kinds of prices realized for high grade SA DC at the Heritage April and June auctions? My post was intended to call your bluff... But I`m happy for you to call my bluff and offer me the next one you get at $12,500.