• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grades are not displayed until submission ships.

17 posts in this topic

what?

OK - so when was this added to the 'order status' page?

Really? CGC needs to build in another delay in an effort to get us all to use the more expensive expedited tier for our submissions, without actually eliminating the economy/standard/modern tiers?

Next I predict the removal from the website the projected and actual turn-around times, so they don't have anything to be measured against.

Happy waiting!

Lee K

Oh - current submission times:

Submission #1: 101 days/72 bus. days

Submission #2: 79 days/54 bus. days

in another 80 to 85 days I should have submission #1 back in my hands.

See more journals by Lee K

yea now its not worth getting the subscription if hou cant see the grades online. no point in wasting money. after you just said that, i just thought about it, and there is no point getting a subscription anymore unless they stop telling grades over the phone even after they are shipped.

It is getting to a point where it's beyond ridiculous. They force you to use an express tier if you want you books back any sooner than 8 months but now they offer new memberships to save a whole 15%?

How about they just expand their staffing and compensate for their growth of submissions?

It was never like this a year ago. Instead, their ETA time just keeps growing.

Submission: 171 days/123 bus. days still in a "Graded" status. Am I to believe that the only way to get my books back before the six month mark is to pay an extra $10/book? And what happens when everyone starts using the fast track...another six month wait? I really enjoy being able to submit my own books, but this is getting out of hand.

I think two of the biggest reasons I still subscribe and will reup again in May to whichever subscription tier is the coupon, it basically pays for itself if you send some higher tiered comics and the expedited time is included, and the largest reason, that I can see what it is that I send in. I have at one point had to actually look on here and see what in the world I had sent depending on the time. Whether this is something that will be fixed in a timely manner is still left in the air but one can only hope I guess.

Okay.... I'll b :censored: like everyone else.

I do a lot of fast tracking due to not wanting to wait half a year. They usually get it done around 10 days, sometimes a few more. Whatever.

My biggest beef now is not being able to see grades until shipped status. They won't even tell you over the phone now. Once again..... Whatever. I'm not going anywhere, but it's fun to complain.

Ryan

Here's my fun addition to the CGC lunacy. I submitted some books through CFP Comics. Joey is great but hasn't always been dead on about getting variants labeled. So I contact CGC after they are submitted in order to make sure the order is correct. First, they tell me they can't even read through the order with me and that I will have to wait till the books are graded. Later they tell me they can't review the order till the books are either shipped or in the safe. So I'm stuck trying to guess the couple of hours after the books are stabbed and before they ship in order to be able to make sure CGC labels the book correctly. After that, I am told that CGC would compensate me for shipping if the books were mislabeled...excuse me? CGC has spent the last 10 years saying they won't pay for shipping to CGC and now, suddenly, they will.

My opinion of CGC is that once a company starts to act like the customer is privileged just to use their service, it is a short trip to never-never land and their services won't be around for much longer. Fortunately, there are so many other professionals around that can do CGC's job better, more dependably, and with fewer hassles that in six months, it really won't matter what other kind of problems CGC wants to create for its customers.

IM a constant complainer of the "Turn around" times and not getting what we pay for. So I will spout off too.

What other options are there other then PGX? They got ya by the cajoles and they know it. Ive had 4 books in recent orders ive had to return. 2 of which were label mess ups on their part and the other 2 were books not noted as variants. (Even though it was on the invoice) This last mix up I was finally offered something. I was told either I can submit a modern/economy book free or they will reimburse me the shipping. I asked if I could pay the difference to fast track it and was told no. They just graded a submission last week that they received on 8-6. I just got the grades on Friday. Again, Still not shipped. But since there is really no one else what do you do? I hope things get better. But since there is no attempt to fix the problem. I guess I will fast track everything like everyone else.

I think CGC decided to obscure grades until shipment because many collectors (like me... :) ) tried to register their books immediately after seeing they had been graded...

The serial number of each CGC book is made by the invoice number+00X

ciao!

FEDERICO