• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POV'S GA Precode Practice #1

10 posts in this topic

OK - please read - important - literally all of the color loss on the front and back covers are printer errors and not actually color loss from damage. This is absolutely definite. Areas include: Loss of some black in "STRANGE" on cover, Top Left Front loss ion blue area, Left Right Front loss in little fingernail area, top back loss in red bar , loss of text bottom left ad and bottom red bar - all lack of ink - not physical damage. With that said:

sss22f.jpg

sss22b.jpg

Now I appreciate this is not the ideal but also think it is an interesting thing to consider this type of impact due to printer error in GA books.

Certainly hard to believe that the cover loss is a printing defect...but you be the owner and Pov don't fib...so I'll give it a 9.0 ...with a 10.0 for the awsome Ditko cover... grin.gif

Certainly hard to believe that the cover loss is a printing defect...but you be the owner and Pov don't fib...so I'll give it a 9.0 ...with a 10.0 for the awsome Ditko cover... grin.gif

Yeah - they really are - smooth as a baby's bottom! And I've been on enough press runs checking color, registration etc. to know! grin.gif (I also verified it with my super-duper stereo microscope!) And I do appreciate you knowing I don;t fib. There is no use to it cuse a fib from your tongue will eventually bite you as a big-arse lie! grin.gif

BTW..is the loss of the guys thumbtips a printing error also???....

You know, it took me a few days before I even SAW that! And nothing in the story - and yes - there actually is a story in there that perfectly matches the cover!!! - shows that cut thumb. When I saw it my first reaction was confused.gif followed by "cool!" grin.gif