• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Thanks!

8 posts in this topic

Typical stuff here, no lowlifes, deadbeats, probies, hosers or mouth breathers. :take it: beats out anything else going on. Buyer to pay $5 Priority shipping, double boxed wrapped with lots 'o bubble wrap. I'll ship to Canada, but it's going to be like $30 for Priority shipping, so keep that in mind. Paypal payment only.

I bought these Wolvies nearly 17 years ago from a friend of mine and recently had them subbed. You can imagine my dismay when #3 came back as a PLOD. Especially a 9.8 PLOD. Nine. Point. Eight.

Nooooo.jpg

Wolverine Limited Series #2 Restored Purple Label CGC 9.8 White Pages $25 Probably a :censored: Sharpie on a spine tick. I tried really hard to see it, but I'm just not sure where the CT is. Beautiful looking black book.

WOLV03_FRONT.JPG

That #3 is puzzling since it has professional color touch (which rules out a Sharpie). Why would someone over 17 years ago who knew what they were doing mess around with that book? Maybe they were practicing. (shrug)

If it's professional, it probably could be removed, but then the grade might drop.

17 years ago, I had a comic shop and there was a guy in my town who was learning how to restore comics. It caused quite a controversy around here because there was a collector who was having the guy do restoration (like cleaning, baths, etc) and then not telling people of the work done when he would sell/trade those restored books.

This same person is whom I got this Wolvie #3 from back in the day - I didn't think I'd get a PLOD grade, but I'm also not surprised either. I agree with you, I think this was a "practice" book.

I hear u Balls..

I slabbed a Pat Boone #1 that I found at a flea market in my first year of hard core collecting (around 1981 or so). My first real "find".

Broke my heart when I found out it had color touch.

Just goes to show that books should be enjoyed and not slabbed. Well at least in relation to books that have sentimental meaning to us.

Just goes to show that books should be enjoyed and not slabbed. Well at least in relation to books that have sentimental meaning to us.

Very true. I actually slabbed these because I had them for so long, and wanted sequential numbering. But, I don't like seeing the PLOD on that book - and it's better for me to just let 'er go.

I think most Boardies here have the Wolvie books, so I'll just shuffle them off to Ebay and see what happens. Thanks to everyone for lookin'