• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Copper Age dreams - they do come true

156 posts in this topic

Always wanted to read this entire run. Finally!

This series ran from 1982-1988, and was jammed with amazing creators and wild stories (Peter Hsu, Ken Steacy, Paul Rivoche, Carl Lundgren, Ty Templeton, Don Marshall, Michael T. Gilbert, Jaime and Gilbert Hernandez).

53B1ryel.jpg

ysPhFCNl.jpg

:cloud9:

This series ran from 1982-1988, and was jammed with amazing creators and wild stories (Peter Hsu, Ken Steacy, Paul Rivoche, Carl Lundgren, Ty Templeton, Don Marshall, Michael T. Gilbert, Jaime and Gilbert Hernandez).

53B1ryel.jpg

ysPhFCNl.jpg

Dude, if you can get Hsu's autograph (SS or not) on any book, you'll be my hero. I think Bronty got one in the 80's, but now the guy is a ghost.

Dude, if you can get Hsu's autograph (SS or not) on any book, you'll be my hero. I think Bronty got one in the 80's, but now the guy is a ghost.

No pen shall touch my Vortex #1!

:sumo:

:baiting:

53B1ryel.jpg

ysPhFCNl.jpg

He is at the top of my hit list. Adventurers, vortex, elf warrior. I would do at least a half dozen.

53B1ryel.jpg

ysPhFCNl.jpg

nice, that be a tough set. :headbang:

53B1ryel.jpg

ysPhFCNl.jpg

He is at the top of my hit list. Adventurers, vortex, elf warrior. I would do at least a half dozen.

You just never hear about him signing anywhere. He's probably unibombered up in a shack in Canada somewhere.

53B1ryel.jpg

ysPhFCNl.jpg

You just never hear about him signing anywhere. He's probably unibombered up in a shack in Canada somewhere.

I would hope not. It is such a shame when creators of this caliber disappear. But I can also see their point if it is about privacy, and needing time to themselves versus fans constantly tackling them for commissions and autographs.

As much as I like the third printing of Hulk #377, I think nothing beats the color scheme of the first printing. Two fluorescent colors, the right ones, and perfectly placed. :)
The 1st print looks great, but I like the more subtle, yet striking colors of the third print. All 3 are actually pretty sweet.

What I like about the first is the use of fluorescent inks. Fluorescent colors were unusual, and the 1980s fad about them was no longer there. Green is the Hulk color, making it fluorescent, in striking contrast with the other color and the black ink of the shadows and the whites produces an image of great impact. Third print is nice but basically follows the same color scheme, just without the fluorescent inks.

As much as I like the third printing of Hulk #377, I think nothing beats the color scheme of the first printing. Two fluorescent colors, the right ones, and perfectly placed. :)
The 1st print looks great, but I like the more subtle, yet striking colors of the third print. All 3 are actually pretty sweet.

What I like about the first is the use of fluorescent inks. Fluorescent colors were unusual, and the 1980s fad about them was no longer there. Green is the Hulk color, making it fluorescent, in striking contrast with the other color and the black ink of the shadows and the whites produces an image of great impact. Third print is nice but basically follows the same color scheme, just without the fluorescent inks.

I do agree!

I like the 1st printing color scheme more than the 2nd or 3rd printing. But I can see how each (and all) appeal to different collecting focuses.

I do agree!

I like the 1st printing color scheme more than the 2nd or 3rd printing. But I can see how each (and all) appeal to different collecting focuses.

If you agree with me once more I could end up giving you my Defiant comics duplicates… lol

First time I see the "Miracle on Broadway". I liked the idea of "Knights on Broadway" as much as I liked Defiant’s "Dark Dominion", but somehow Shooter manages to mess up everything he does, IMO. :(

If you agree with me once more I could end up giving you my Defiant comics duplicates… lol

I liked Defiant’s "Dark Dominion"

I agree with you completely.

:o;)

lol

I used to buy multiple copies of Dark Dominion, but I seemed to get I was the only one appreciating it (also found worth of interest the reasons for which Ditko gave up working on the series).

I still think it is a great series, in the first issues, but this does not prevents me to be very critical towards the work of Jim Shooter, which I generally don’t like.