• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stckwzrd1@aol.com Hittin' the Crack Pipe again.......

38 posts in this topic

WHAT KEEPS THIS FROM BEING A 9.8 BOOK IS A PIECE MISSING FROM THE COVER. IF NOT FOR THAT IT WOULD BE A BETTER BOOK

---

They should have the Darwin Awards for this kind of thing.

WHAT KEEPS THIS FROM BEING A 9.8 BOOK IS A PIECE MISSING FROM THE COVER. IF NOT FOR THAT IT WOULD BE A BETTER BOOK

I READ THAT THE FIRST TIME, SO WHAT"S YOUR POINT??? My point is that anyone can say their comic is Near Mint except for.......whatever defects (one fourth of the front cover missing in this case). In my mind, that is utterly ridiculous when the flaw is so glaring.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

Another winner: "THIS IS SHOWCASE COMICS ISSUE # 39 IN VG/FN 5.0 CONDITION. " I SPY ISSUE" THE COMIC BOOK IS HOT AND WILL ONLY GET HOTTER WITH THE NEW SMALLVILLE TV SERIES. THE COVER GLOSS IS NICE! THE BOOK IS FLAT AND THE INSIDE PAGES ARE CREAMY WHITE!! LIKE NEW! AND THE CORNERS ARE GREAT WHAT KEEPS THIS FROM BEING A 9.8 BOOK IS A THE PIECE MISSING FROM THE FRONT COVER. IF NOT FOR THAT IT WOULD BE 9.8 OR BETTER BOOK"

showcase50.jpg

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

At least the guy puts scans of the book up for view. Anyone who bids on the books based on his crazy descriptions, rather than the scan, is a major sucker.

But as you said BOC, it may be worth bookmarking this guys listings just for a laugh. grin.gif

I don't think that these kind of books were what CGC had in mind when they came up with the qualified label. smirk.gif

The feedback he's leaving his buyers is even a better laugh...

Any customer that dares mention he didn't grade correctly gets a negative and is branded a 'consumer terrorist'...

stckwzrd1 deals out a slice of justice

Ebay is more and more becoming a clown-show...

this feedback left by a disgruntled buyer sums stckwzrd1 up in 5 words grin.gif

"Overgrader, mentally disturbed, & poor speller" grin.gif

This is some of the funniest stuff I've read...... The guy sounds certifiable!!!!

"beast (35) Jan-31-02 20:27:12 PST 1041454125

Complaint: HE NEVER PAYED ME FOR THIS COMIC OR THE OTHER ONE HE WON BAD BUYER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Response by beast - SELLER WAS SUSPENDED BY EBAY, I WON'T BUY FROM UNREGISTERED USER

Follow-up by stckwzrd1@aol.com - HE'S A LIAR +HE WAS THE ONE SUSPENED BY EBAY A BEASTLY CONSUMER TERRORIST!!!!!!!"

Stuff like this is humor for my day!!

D-

My fault for not being clear.

The main reason I've been hanging around here (after lurking for

a long time) is that although people are very different, most

generally get along pretty well. I realize that my background

probably is a little different, but reading posts by dogg, greggy,

hammer, bugaboo, yourself, ... makes me laugh a lot more than

dealing with most of the cynical stiffs in the research/startup worlds.

I enjoy hearing from members with different interests and have

learned a lot being here. Hopefully, my own enthusiasm for

Disney comics will have given a few of you a glimpse into an

area that you otherwise couldn't have cared less about, just

like I have learned to appreciate the early Silver Age Marvels,

Tales of Suspense, "Caps", Wonder Woman, pre-code ECs,

and all the other stuff people here are into.

One of the more bizarre patterns is that he negs people who have paid for and received their books! There's more than one where he's ranting in misspelled caps and the bidder says he has the comic in his hands. I'm guessing wiz is so disorganized that he can't keep anything straight, and slams a bunch of people, hoping he hits the right one. What a menace!

-- Joanna