• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How many collectors would pay $27K for a JLA #1 9.2?

94 posts in this topic

Show of hands. Answer this honestly. You are being offered a CGC 9.2 JLA#1 for $27,000.00

If you chose to buy it, you would have to write out a check for $27,000. Would you write that check?

If I ever had that amount of cash to spend on comics I think I would spread it around by buying up the issues I'm missing for batman 171-500 and spidey 39-300.

Wonder if 27 grand will be enough ??

For $27,000 I would swerve around the JLA #1, pass by the BB#28, be tempted by a Showcase#22 but end up with a very nice Showcase#4. Showcase #4 is THE book.

Steve

Ditto on that!!!

If we are keeping the "buying-frame-of-mind" purely in the Silver age, $27,000.00 would go for a Showcase #4!

A very KEY book which is much more diffucult to find (FF # 1 or AF # 15 being more easily found.)

Otherwise I'd spend the $27,000 on a nice Golden age book: A VERY nice Timely! cloud9.gif

My friend! 893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

West

no, but because I'm currently more interested in non-superhero, late silver/early bronze books...

And no, I wouldn't pay the insane multiples of the "top 5" bronze books either. I tend to pay higher for htf books in my interest---that's how I justify it.

A slight revision on your list.

1. Showcase 4

2. Showcase 22

3. Adventure #303 (1st Matter Eater Lad)

4. Showcase 79 (1st Dolphin)

5. B&B 28

There!

27_laughing.gif Vinnie, is this you jumping in? I know you have a fetish for Matter Eater Lad! I have to disagree with Showcase 79, though. I'm an Angel & the Ape man myself.

I was talking with this dealer years ago,I can't remember his name at a small con, he had the entire run of Showcase !! He said, it took him years to complete & the last issue he needed & was hardest to find was the Windy & Willy issue!!! This was before the internet, auctions,etc.

If I had that kind of disposable income in my comics budget, my mind would immediately shift to Golden Age.

Absolutely. If I had 27k to spend on a comic book, I'd search out a really nice copy of DETECTIVE #33 or one of my other grail books. And I'd rather have BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28 than JLA #1.

If I had that kind of disposable income in my comics budget, my mind would immediately shift to Golden Age.

Absolutely. If I had 27k to spend on a comic book, I'd search out a really nice copy of DETECTIVE #33 or one of my other grail books. And I'd rather have BRAVE AND THE BOLD #28 than JLA #1.

Assuming equal grade and equal price, is there ANYONE who would prefer to have JLA 1 over B&B 28?

Assuming equal grade and equal price, is there ANYONE who would prefer to have JLA 1 over B&B 28?

But they never will be equal price.

A slight revision on your list.

1. Showcase 4

2. Showcase 22

3. Adventure #303 (1st Matter Eater Lad)

4. Showcase 79 (1st Dolphin)

5. B&B 28

There!

Yuk it up all you want, Steve, but you know that the cover to Showcase #79 is hot hot HOT!

showcase79.jpg