• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: All Star Western # 10

15 posts in this topic

Here are some scans. I am not too sure how much CGC hammers copys with these defects. The most glaring ones are the missing chips on the lower right hand bottom and the middle spine between DC and All in the title. Other than that I like the way the book presents and I am sending it anyways.

Thanks!!

Anthony

asw1_zps07f6cc96.jpg

asw2_zps3bfb4ab1.jpg

really that low? I cant see anything knocking it under 7.0

I'm not sure on this one. It does present nicely, but it has tanning around the edges on both the front and back cover. The top back edge of the book looks to me like it's maybe even a little bit brittle (the scan is upside down, so it's the edge on the bottom I am talking about). I'm no expert on CGC's handling of tanning, but from what I've read in other threads, they can be pretty harsh. I know I have a book I thought had a chance at 7.5 and it came back 6.5 mainly because of some tanning, which was lighter than this.

I''ll go 5.5/6.0 myself. But I don't rightly know how CGC will view it. I suspect it will present extremely well for its technical grade.

really that low? I cant see anything knocking it under 7.0
technically I agree, but the tanning is pretty extensive, and like crime buster said, it looks a little brittle.

I'd still think 5.5, the 5.0 may be too low.

As it happens, I own a CGC 7.0 All-Star Western #10. My scans were kind of bad because I scanned it inside the mylar, but here's the PGM thread I did for mine, if anybody is interested in a comparison:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=5478359

structurally they're similar, I guess it depends on CGC for the tanning.