• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New and need help!!!!

7 posts in this topic

I just found out about this CGC while looking at comics on e-bay. I saw the prices of some of the books I have and almost fell on the floor. I have over 12,000 comic books starting late in 69 but more from 72 - 86. Mostly marvel and DC. My question is what books would you send in to get graded. I have runs of X-men from #87-178, all the Iron fist, dardevil from #110-206 ect.I collected all the marvel in the years I showed. Most are in realy good shape baged and some of the key issues boarded. If I send all the key issues in I go broke just paying the price to get the books graded. What would you do?...Thanks ED

Check those keys carefully... X-Men #94, IF #14, DD #131, #158, #168, etc., etc. If they're nice, NM or better-looking copies, I think you'd be well-served getting them graded. For one thing, the cases will keep them very well-protected. For another, if you choose to sell them at some point, you'll easily realize far more than if you sold them as non-CGC.

Anything below strict VFNM on those, I'd think twice before having graded. You'd probably realize roughly the same price selling a non-graded VF+ vs. a CGC VF+, IMO.

Check out the Bronze age board and look for the 'key issues' thread (use the search function). Pull all the key books from your collection and grade them.

Send in the 5 books you graded as being in the highest grade to CGC and once they are returned compare them to your initial grade.

This will give you an idea on how accurate your grading is and if it is worth while sending in more of your collection...

Uber-keys (Hulk 181, X-men 94 and GS1...) will always bring the money, even when graded less then NM

Send in the 5 books you graded as being in the highest grade to CGC and once they are returned compare them to your initial grade.

Considering the size of the collection and the potential number of submissions, that's a damned good idea!

If you have hi-grade (or any grade) Daredevils sell them NOW. Slabbed or unslabbed, there is no better time to sell them. IMHO, you have until 2 weeks after the movie is released to cash in.

Cheers,

Bachelor of Comics

If you have some non-keys that you think might be hi-grade, you can actually tell CGC not to encapsulate them if they grade lower than 9.0. There is a cost for this serivce, but it's a fraction of what it would cost to put them in a plastice holder.