• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This label notes "cleaned and pressed"????

8 posts in this topic

I can understand the "cleaned" notation but why mention pressed?

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2Fauctions%2Fpreview%2Easp%3Fcode%3D2013feb%26pg%3D4%23Item%5F957144&id=957144

Is this a different process to the pressing we usually talk about?

It was cleaned and pressed as part of restoration. The label notes that the cover was reinforced as well.The book was disassembled, "cleaned" as in washed in water and or solvents, the cover reinforced and then finally pressed.

Far different than dry cleaning and pressing without taking the book apart.

Good question. I'm only making a logical guess when I say "yes" that new labels only say cleaned. If you wash covers/pages in water and/or solvents, they'd look pretty sad if you only blotted them dry. So if the cover has been cleaned professionally it follows that it was pressed afterwards. You don't see that many restored label books with only the cleaned notation - but I've seen some and none said "cleaned and pressed". All said simply "cover cleaned".

If I'm wrong hopefully one of the professional restorers that frequent the boards will come along and redirect.

Has the label notation changed to just 'cleaned' on new label books?

That is a very old school label, maybe from the first year.

They had some strange label notes back then.

Has the label notation changed to just 'cleaned' on new label books?

That is a very old school label, maybe from the first year.

They had some strange label notes back then.

I'm sure they used the restoration notes at the beginning. It wouldn't say pressed these days because CGC would need to detect it.