• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bondage& Torture Covers!!!!

80 posts in this topic

This book has been an eventual grail for me as well. I keep sufffering from the delusion that I will someday find a lower grade copy with decent eye-appeal for under $1K one day. Unfortunately, I am far from alone in this desire. I think this is a book which probably has even higher demand for lower grade (i.e. almost affordable) copies than it does for mid-higher grade. Unlike Suspense #3 or Fantastic #3 - two other books of great value primarily due to the cover art - PL#17 is a bit more common and therefore just barely within the price range of collectors reluctant to pay 4 figure prices for musty old comic books.

Just a wee bit too steep an asking price there! frustrated.gif

I agree. I've always wanted this book, but the prices are getting a little crazy.

Just a wee bit too steep an asking price there! frustrated.gif

I agree. I've always wanted this book, but the prices are getting a little crazy.

Based upon the price differentials in the price guide, I have always felt that PL #23 was a better buy than PL #17. To me, the cover images are pretty much the same except that issue #23 is more of a close-up shot of Phantom Lady in bondage in comparison to issue #17.

Based upon the price differentials in the price guide, I have always felt that PL #23 was a better buy than PL #17. To me, the cover images are pretty much the same except that issue #23 is more of a close-up shot of Phantom Lady in bondage in comparison to issue #17.

Have a scan? I tried Google, but came up with nothing.

Actually PL #23 seems to show up on Ebay pretty frequently, albeit usually in the G - VG+ range.

I agree as a PL bondage cover it is way more affordable than #17, but compositionally, it lacks the iconic appeal of Phantom Lady #17. I think the main reason PL#17 is so sought after is the seductive look she seems to be giving the reader, combined with the bondage/headlights imagery.