• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pence Priced DC's.

9 posts in this topic

I've got these:

Action #402 (7/71)

Flash #208 (8/71)

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #139 (7/71)

I think books dated 7-9/71 may have PPV's, but I don't know for sure.

I'm looking for Adventure Comics #408 (7/71) but this seems to be the hardest of the early DC Pence Price Variants to find. I've only seen one low-grade copy on eBay recently. I'm also looking for Batman 235, but I don't think it exists as a Pence Price Variant...

James

I've got these:

Action #402 (7/71)

Flash #208 (8/71)

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #139 (7/71)

I think books dated 7-9/71 may have PPV's, but I don't know for sure.

I'm looking for Adventure Comics #408 (7/71) but this seems to be the hardest of the early DC Pence Price Variants to find. I've only seen one low-grade copy on eBay recently. I'm also looking for Batman 235, but I don't think it exists as a Pence Price Variant...

James

133304.jpg.5f77e0b8c023d0b8402fee7f93cf5a5f.jpg

Very interesting. If they only did this for 7-9/71, was it probably a test run to see if it was worth doing long term?
There's more than just the 9/71 issues, I've seen them from around 1976 or so up through 1982-83. This is probably the earliest example I've seen however.

Very interesting. If they only did this for 7-9/71, was it probably a test run to see if it was worth doing long term?
There's more than just the 9/71 issues, I've seen them from around 1976 or so up through 1982-83. This is probably the earliest example I've seen however.

From what I know, they did a short blast in mid 1971, then 2/78 - 9/81. I've not seen anything after this date, but there could be more!

Overstreet's "bible" has a great article on variants in issue 40th edition that has tons of info on PPV's.

Oh, and Comicopolis, if that Adventure is looking for a new home... :wishluck:

James

:ohnoez: Move along now nothing to see here. I am not even thinking about DC until we have finished with Marvel. Maybe in a year or so. :insane:

I think its gonna take longer than a year for us to do Marvel Neil, I am back to work on Saturday :cry: