• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preview: Bronze 3

35 posts in this topic

I'll say 9.2, anticipating those spine stresses are almost invisible at real size. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Alot were close frown.gif, but in the contest close gets you Zero.

cc4a.jpg

Hrmmm.. 9.4 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

ouch. foreheadslap.gif

Once again I need to re calibrate what constitutes a CGC 9.4

I know the scan makes the spine breaks look larger then they appear.

But.. they ARE still there.. and at least 4 of them break color...

And to me that brings it down alot.

My 8.5 was indeed a bit stingy.. but Flinks 9.2 guess would seem more fair , and accurate

WTG Flink.. thumbsup2.gif

Z

That book is a 9.4 only in Bizarro Sarasota, based on the grades my books have been getting. I had books graded on-site at Wizard Philly, and was told that the 5 small spine stresses on one of my books accounted for the 8.5 grade it received. That AA17 has 3 great edges, but it is surprising that the 4 readily-apparent color-breaking spine stresses did not lower the grade further.

For me, CGC continues to baffle.

9.0 front cover

Davidking623

9.4 Wow

Davidking623

Even after seeing the scan with the grade I still say 9.0! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Let me tell you - from the recent grading threads and seeing the CGC results? I am going to start looking through my books for submissions.

9.0 front cover

Davidking623

9.4 Wow

Davidking623

Even after seeing the scan with the grade I still say 9.0! sumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gifsumo.gif

Let me tell you - from the recent grading threads and seeing the CGC results? I am going to start looking through my books for submissions.

Exactly. 27_laughing.gif This book is stupid-crazy.

Yup.... my collection may be more high grade than I thought. acclaim.gif

Who woulda thunk that soft corners and multiple impacts can get you a 9.4 ? confused-smiley-013.gif Maybe I'm too tough on my own books. confused-smiley-013.gif