• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2012 -- A Year End Review

12 posts in this topic

As 2012 closes another chapter in the SS world, here's the my year end review.

We saw signatures, and sketches. Fights between boardies and creators.

Some artist that we thought were unattainable became attainable.

The evolution of the sketch cover brought on a Best of the Best award, and and it will continue on.

I hope 2012 brought you happiness. If not, then 2013 is right around the corner.

Well for me it has been a very up and down year when talking about sketches.

I joined in about may this year and didnt know exactly what i was getting into.

This "cult" that i have joined has at time frustrated the hell out of me...from board memebers to artists alike, but time and time again I run across great people and its these people who kept me coming back for more. The list of members I have done deals with is extensive but I will keep it short...

Dscott - Cant say enough good thing about this guy, has turned into a great seller to a great friend. thank for everything....and now hes doing al these awesome Opps...

sussexgent- Another great seller but turned into a great friend. HAs added many key books to my collection

plasticmoz- Added some amazing sketches to my collection, I felt bad about taking them :( Weird once i had them in hand didnt feel so bad AHHAH Awesome guy

Secret Son- Continues to hook me up with killer sketch books.....Thank you so much

Ajl007 Has always been there to answer questions and even let me have the pleasure of getting in on a few of his amazing opps...Next year will be a huge year for his group..watch out!!

thehumantorch WTF a local guy off the board...WHoa!!! Was lucky enough to meet him at the local comic show and had a great time.

Artists

Andy Carreon and Matt Slay have both played huge roles in me even joing this forum and getting seriously addicted to art.

I truly appreciate everyone listed above and all thoses I didnt list (like GODOFHUNDER for my suydams!!) it has been a wild year for me......and yes 2013 will be an even better one...hope to deal with all you guys in the future. Best forum every!!

Kellam (Imodium)

All of you who put the time and effort into organizing things here and at shows, thank you.

To the creators, thank you, as well, for sharing more of your talents with us.

I have 11 pending works in various stages (I think 8 of them are in the same place) and a few books I'm paying off. I can't wait to share them with everyone, because I'm very excited. That leads me to my final thanks for this post: Everyone, thank you for sharing all if the awesome stuff you've been able to bring in!

2012 was a great year! I made the transition from collecting CGC blue labels to CGC yellow labels. Now it's time to do some repair work on the bank account......

Thanks to all that helped me along the way! I hope to repay the favors in 2013!

I also would like to wish to everybody here an Happy New Year!

Like the two previous members that have post, me too I have recently begin collecting CGC SS sketch and I am totally addicted to it now.

I have meet a lot of kind, funny and interresting peoples here ont this board and I can't wait to see what 2013 will bring up. :whee: