• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

H.P.Lovecraft's The Whisperer In Darkness film adaption

11 posts in this topic

Saw this at my library and decided to give it a try over the weekend. Apparently done on a shoestring $350K budget, this film attempted to tell the H.P.Lovecraft story, The Whisperer In Darkness". Lovecraft's stories are often not suited to easy film adaptions and this was also the case here. The screenwriters took some liberties with the source material here and cut and added elements which to me worked very well. A tough story to tell, but I think they pulled it off admirably. A must for any Lovecraft fan!!! (worship):takeit::cloud9::banana:

Also called "The Whisperer In Darkness"(2011). (thumbs u Some changes were made to ease the transition to film and I feel those changes work quite well and still retain HPL's story. And I see its available through Netflix. :headbang:

I like both the Whisperer and the Call of Cthulhu movies.

I think the HPL Historical Society did a pretty good job adapting each story, though I prefer Cthulhu because it was done in the silent movie style.

Here's a link for the curious --

http://www.cthulhulives.org/

Agreed, they've done a marvelous job in these adaptions. :cloud9:

I am still seething that Comcast killed Guillermo del Toro's planned adaptation of At the Mountains of Madness when they bought Universal :pullhair:

Anybody who gets in the way of a HPL and GDT collaboration should be sent to the Siberian salt mines for life!!!!!!!! :sumo::censored::mad: