• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Catastrophe

134 posts in this topic

A few days ago I received an email from his wife. The guy was totally distraught. He sold his AF15 and sure enough, it was restored (possibly). He wanted to send the money back to the buyer ASAP, which he did. When he got the comic back, the box was empty. He contacted the buyer and the buyer threatened to go to the police if he kept harassing him for his book back. The basic scare tactics.

This scenario is much closer to 'catastrophe' 2c

He told me he would refund the $80 but not postage. I was thinking of sending it back in a manilla envelope @ parcel post rates.

and seanfignh, my WiFi is delivered by charter. It has yet to cut out while I watch questionable animation during special time to take my mind off of the zombie apocalypse.

Just note that he must receive it in the same condition that you did. It sucks. You can complain to ebay and they may give you a courtesy return label on their dollar.

I bought a CGC graded comic on EBay and just got it in the mail. It was shipped in a brown cardboard envelope and was demolished by the post office. A corner is cracked off and it the two bottom corners are open. I contacted the EBay seller. How should I go about dealing with this?

Step One: Buy a dictionary and turn to the "C" section.

Step Two: Read the definition of the word 'catastrophe."

Step Three: Thank your deity that there has been no catastrophe.

Step Four: Slug yourself in the nuts with a length of heavy rope.

6938251180_634135d548.jpg

Haha. I learned from an early age to never off Mr. Fingh.

I see he responded saying he is refusing to give you a full refund along with return shipping. Escalate this through PP as a SNAD and if you talk with them sometimes they will tack on return shipping to the refund.

This seller is well aware that his packaging/shipping practices are horrible and I would hit his stars and neg him at this point. Only way to warn future buyers since he still refuses to package things correctly.

Heres his response:

Hey chief...not sure if you are aware of eBay terms of service...I told you I would refund your order as soon as I have received the return..eBay will even tell you that. Without a tracking number I cannot issue a refund. For all I know I issue you a refund and you keep the book.. Contact ebay if you must.they will tell you the same. Happy Saturday Cheif.

Waht should I do?

Heres his response:

Hey chief...not sure if you are aware of eBay terms of service...I told you I would refund your order as soon as I have received the return..eBay will even tell you that. Without a tracking number I cannot issue a refund. For all I know I issue you a refund and you keep the book.. Contact ebay if you must.they will tell you the same. Happy Saturday Cheif.

Waht should I do?

There's something missing here.

Are you insisting that the seller refund you before you send the book back?

Heres his response:

Waht should I do?

So I should ship the book back first?

What if he doesnt refund me after I ship?

Heres his response:

Waht should I do?

So I should ship the book back first?

What if he doesnt refund me after I ship?

Typically, the buyer has to ship the book back first before issuing a refund.

At the very least, you need include Delivery Confirmation. This is your proof that you've shipped the book to him should a dispute about the refund arise later.

If you're seriously concerned about the seller not honoring the refund, you may want to include higher form of proof, such as signature confirmation. However, since the seller isn't refunding shipping and considering the value of the book, you may not want to invest that much into shipping cost.

You may want to consider filing a claim through Paypal as another member suggested. Depends on how likely you think the seller is to back out of his refund offer.

Again open up the case through PayPal as a SNAD case, upload the proper tracking info and ship it back. PayPal will force him to refund you the cost of the book plus if you want to escalate it with a call they may rule in your favor to refund return shipping.

Also based on the turd calling you chief over and over I would neg him. Seller wants to act like a tool then make sure his feedback shows he is a tool. Also as mentioned as a buyer you can ONLY receive positive feedback and nothing else from a seller.

Also based on the turd calling you chief over and over I would neg him. Seller wants to act like a tool then make sure his feedback shows he is a tool. Also as mentioned as a buyer you can ONLY receive positive feedback and nothing else from a seller.

I agree, the condescending "chief" is unnecessary and only adds insult to injury.

However, word your feedback very careful. Anything that even hints at pejorative name-calling will be a basis for Ebay removing the feedback.

Stick to the facts. That alone will be enough to hurt the seller's reputation and future business.

I would wait until I received the refund before leaving the negative feedback.

If he gets a refund, and the seller petitions to undo the sale and get back his final value fee, I believe the ability to leave feedback is eliminated. That happened to me once.

Ebay, in its wisdom, has a rule that sellers can't leave negative feedback.

Any suggestion for the 80 characters of negative feedback?

I'd simply state the facts of the case. I think it reflects badly on buyers when they resort to insults when leaving negative feedback.